Mumbai - March 2003 Interview Tracker

gpiyush,

Are you planning to call the consulate or email them regarding the interview dates?. Yes you are right we should be scheduled around the same dates.

I was under the impression that the Packet IV is mailed to the local address in USA.

Thanks.

Here we go....

As per E-mail response from Mumbai Consulate, my packet-IV was mailed on Feb 5th and I am scheduled for March 12th. I will let you know whether I get packet-IV in US or India.

Can any succesful CPers list all the documents they were asked for and what else should we take with us.

Q 2 : How many days in advance I should go for Medical Check up? This willl decide what day I am flying to Mumbai.

Cheers

Friends,
Called up the consulate....21st March it will be....Consulate told me that the Packet IV was mailed to the US address.

TeeRoy,gpiyush...are you guys in EB2?.
Does the attorney pay any role after this?.

Lets start gathering all the needed documents.

Thanks.

Originally posted by ceebee
Friends,
Called up the consulate....21st March it will be....Consulate told me that the Packet IV was mailed to the US address.

TeeRoy,gpiyush...are you guys in EB2?.
Does the attorney pay any role after this?.

Lets start gathering all the needed documents.

Thanks.
Well I spoke to my attorney and what I understand is; Packet 4 would be mailed to them. I do come under EB2 category, but I don't think it matters now.

Also, I've got my appointment scheduled at Hinduja on the 19th. Seems like 18th is a public holiday (Holi). The telephone numbers for B'bay have changed. You need to dial 2 first with the current numbers. I don't remember their phone number off hand but I guess it's 91-22-2445-2439/2440. I'll update this info later in the afternoon. Also you need to get the following documents for your Medical tests.

1. Rs. 1700.00 cash for each individual applicant.
2. Original Appointment letter with US Embassy.
3. Original Passport.
4. Photocopy of the first page of your passport.
5. 3 Passport size pictures.
6. Vaccination records from your GP (General Practitioner).

Tests start at 7:00 am and results can be collected by later in the evening.

Also, if you guys are planning to book your hotel (Royal Castle), the best way is to fax them your info and dates you would like to reserve. That’s what I was told when I spoke to them yesterday.

Hope we all could keep this thread up with our latest updates.

Ciao

ac140 for eb3

does anyone know if bombay is accepting eb3 cases for ac140 processing. i did have a F-1 from bombay. also have currently an aos filed with ins. would filing i-824 immediately and automatically cancel the pending aos application? also if i decide about doing ac140, any ideas as to how much time it takes from that point to interview? would appreciate the info. thanks

kuversa,
Mumbai consulate accepts EB3 cases, but the preference will be given to EB1, EB2 and then EB3 as far as the interview dates are concerned.

Filing I-824 will not automatically revoke the I-485, when the I-824 is about to be approved, that is the time your attorneys office may get a letter asking for the confirmation.

It should take about 2-3 months once the consulate received your packet 3.

Thanks.

EB3 cases at Mumbai

My case is EB3 as well. Ceebee s right that Mumbai gives higher priority in accepting cases from EB1 and EB2 category. If you want to go on AC140 route, they say it sould be solid reason to change your processing or you should be working with the same employer as your first H1B from Mumbai.

You do not have to wait for I-824 approval to go AC140. Once you get your I-824 receipt, you can proceed with I-140.

Once your AC140 docs are accepted by Mumbai, you can send a letter to INS to withdraw your I-485. Make sure that you hane NOT used your EAD while converting from AOS to AC140. If you did, you can be considered as out of status on withdrawal of I-485 and that can come and haunt you.

Fees in $

Friends,
Can anyone please share their experience as to whether mumbai consulate accepts cash in $?.

Thanks.

Hi ,

Has anyone done AC-140 here? Can anyone tell me how much time does it take to receive I824 receipt after applying for I824?
Please let me know, Thanks all. All the Best Everyone going for March Interview.
VinCP.

Packet IV received at US address

Friends,
Just received the Packet IV at the US address.
Can anyone please tell me whether the consulate accepts cash in US $ or we have take a bank draft for $335*49 = Rs 16415
My understanding is that the DS230 part I and II are to be filled by the applicant. Does the attorney play any role in the processing at all at this stage?.

Questions on DS230 Part II will be asked in a couple of days :)

Thanks.

US Dollars in Cash accepted

US dollars in cash is accepted at all the US Consulates for any fees for immigrants/non immigrants visas.

Thanks.

Packet IV received

I received my packet IV at US address yesterday. As per consulate it was mailed on 6th Feb.

I noticed a pattern in interview.

Only 1 family in "E" category is taken everyday in march!!!!!
If candidate is single, they have bundled them together on particular day.

Friends,
What kind of statement do we need from the bank regarding the assets?.

Will a statement from the bank showing the balance be enough?.
Is this required?.

Thanks,
Chetan.

Is a bank statement required for individual CPers also

Q1. If there a requirement by the US consulate to show bank statement and net worth of an individual?
Q2. Doesn't the employment letter from the employer good enough to support an individual?

Thanks.

1) Bank statement is not a requirement for the interview, for employment categories.

2) Employment Verification letter is the main basis for this category.

However carrying the bank statements is a personal choice, and people do carry them to address 'JUST IN CASE' scenarios.

The statements would be proof of your employment, if you are getting a direct deposit of your salary, like your paystubs.

Raju

Net worth of an individual

Raju,

I was just concerned if I will have to provide a copy of total net worth of my investments, value of my home, car, etc?

I don't think anybody has done this so far to be extra safe.

Thanks.

cebee,
if 824 is applied and if at the time of approval they ask whether I like them to continue with 8224 or AOS, can i choose AOS and also have the time period counted for AOS?

dev28,
Sure you can.....can you please let us know what would be your reason to continue with AOS and not CP.

If you are planning to go the AC I140 route, you dont have to wait for your 824 approval.

Thanks.

I-134

Friends,
Couple of questions regarding I-134.

#3. That this affidavit is executed in behalf of the following person:
What should we fill in here..I guess it should be the primary applicants name

#9. That I have previously submitted affidavidt(s) of support for the following persons
I guess it should be NONE.

#10. That I have submitted visa petitions to the Immigration and Naturalization Service on behalf of the following
I guess the spouse name should be filled here.

Anyone made any ticket arrangements and scheduled their medicals?.
I guess its just the 3 of us....TeeRoy, Gpiyush and CeeBee for March...but i see many case numbers on the website....guys pls post.

Thanks.

Re: Net worth of an individual

Originally posted by cpDelhi
Raju,

I was just concerned if I will have to provide a copy of total net worth of my investments, value of my home, car, etc?

I don't think anybody has done this so far to be extra safe.

Thanks.

cpDelhi,

I am assuming that your's is an Employment Category. In that case you do not need any other statements.

If there are any dependents, you would have already stated your other assets in I-134. That being a sworn statement, is sufficient.

No need to worry about this. I am not carrying anything myself.

But again it is a personal choice, and one can carry the titles to home, car.

But no need!

Raju