Mumbai Jan/Feb/March 2005 CP Interview

sandeep 420 me 2

i and my lawyer both received packet 4 yesterday evening. it was dated jan 10th, 2005 and was mailed from somewhere in usa

Cool guys, we are still waiting for it from Chennai Consulate..

gc_come_to_papa said:
i and my lawyer both received packet 4 yesterday evening. it was dated jan 10th, 2005 and was mailed from somewhere in usa

thanks praytx

praytx said:
gcpapa, sandeep, and any others going for CP interview this month...good luck!

will update the forum with my detailed experience after the interview, just reviewing and checking all my paperwork.

My I-130 got approved by USCIS (CSC) . Priority Date : Nov-15-04

I would like to know when do we need to send the Affidavite of support (Sponsor) , Do we get a notification from NVC that we need to send Sponsor letters to the relative in India ? or is there any other form we need to start filling up while NVC forwards case to indian embassy?

Thanks
Kan

Fee Bill

Its over 3 weeks since my lawyer submitted the fee to St Louis facility. USPS tracking system shows the delivery. However, when I call the NVC automated system, it still says that "your fee bill has been gererated and will be sent to you lawyer in 6 weeks".

The question is when do they change the message? Upon receiving the fee or when they generate the 3rd packet?

Thanks
AVerma

POE and CP Justification

Greetings Folks,

EB3 Case forwarded to Mumbai : Feb 16th 2005
Received at Mumbai : Feb 24th 2005
Hoping for an interview in April.

Couple of questions though.
1. Does the port of entry matter as far as getting the card is concerned? I am from Chicago but flying into LAX works out better for me as I am on a consulting assignment in that area. Would this cause more delay in getting the card?

2. Has anyone heard of any experiences where the candidate was asked by the consular officer to justify his/her taking the CP route as opposed to AOS? Just wanted to work on my answer.

Thanks,
DG.

DG2001 said:
Greetings Folks,

1. Does the port of entry matter as far as getting the card is concerned? I am from Chicago but flying into LAX works out better for me as I am on a consulting assignment in that area. Would this cause more delay in getting the card?

{The data between LAX and ORD needs to be analyzed to answer this question}

2. Has anyone heard of any experiences where the candidate was asked by the consular officer to justify his/her taking the CP route as opposed to AOS? Just wanted to work on my answer.

{Never heard of this}

Thanks,
DG.

{my responses}

Raju

By far this is still a free capitalist country.

Even if you want to the answer for this , 2 words : convinence and economy. ;)

DG2001 said:
Greetings Folks,

Thanks,
DG.

Hi DG,
My CP dates are very similar to yours.. am hoping for an April interview as well .. Can you please tell me how you found out that the consulate received your case on Feb 25th?

back with GC finally

guys,

had succesful interview on feb 22nd, came back yesterday, after a long break will post detailed experience later