Mumbai Jan/Feb/March 2005 CP Interview

Nkelkar said:
Hello All,

I have not been on this thread before, But am an active member on the Forum.

These are my details and I am looking for some suggestions.

Labor from CA , PD Oct 2001
Labor Approved Apr 2004
Concurrent filling of 140/485 at VSC (I live in Philadelphia) - 8/18/2004
Category EB3
Issued EAD and AP 9/2/2004
RFE on 140 (needs W-2 and Tax records for 3 yrs) 11/20/2004
Reply to RFE received by USCIS 12/20/2004

I am expecting the 140 to be approve in a couple of weeks, a month at the most.
Since my PD is oct 2001 I am not affected by the Retrogation of dates for 485.
As per the Processing timesw Bulletin VSC is process June 2003

I am from Bombay, Been in the US since 1991 (f-1 etc ) My latest Passport was issued in New York.
My latest H-1 was issued in Ottawa, although the one before that was issued in Bombay and the F-1 was issued in Bombay and my Permament address on the passport is Bombay. (Actaually in India I have never lived outside bombay , although travelled all over the country)

I am toying with the idea of AC 140 and wanted to get some opinion from this group before I send out an email to the lawyers.
Also if that is something that I do decide, Can I apply for a Police Certificate from the New York Consulate even though the 140 has not been approved yet??

Nkelkar, i will suggest you apply for PCC only after your I-140 is approved, If your Passport was issued in NY, you should get PCC in a day, or max 1 week, though in packet 4 they mention PCC is valid for an year, as KovaiGC mentioned ,it's good that at the time of your interview PCC is less than 6 months old.

AC-140 is not a bad idea, right now the view is priority dates will advance sometime in April-05 visa bulletin for EB-3, but still it's a risk you need to evaluate.

hope this helps.

thanks,

gc

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys,
What kind of time frame would I be looking at assuming that I get the 140 approval by Feb??

Nkelkar said:
Thanks Guys,
What kind of time frame would I be looking at assuming that I get the 140 approval by Feb??

For Bombay,

If i-140 is approved by say Feb and you do AC140, after the packet 3 is entered by the consulate , somewhere between 2-3 months, so assuiming it takes 1 month for Packet 3 to be enetered by consulate, total time should be close to 4 months

Hi NKELKAR,
You will need
a) 2 weeks to recieve I 824 application Reciept
b) 2 weeks for the complete AC 140 application to be sent to Mumbai
c) approx 2.5 months from then to get an interview
This is best case scenario. I am applying for AC 140 in Mumbai awaiting an interview date.

Thanks Domplo,

Did you do a concurrent filling as well??
Does this affect your AP and EAD??
My H-1 is valid till Oct 2005, SO I dont really need the EAD I have right now.

Also on the AC 140 does one have to go thru Medical again??
I had the Medical done when I applied the concurrent 140/485

NKelkar

Yes. One has to go through medicals again. The vaccination records are valid and will not have to be repeated. I used the vaccination records from AOS medicals at Hinduja. No problems.

As per AP/EAD, it is a grey area whether they remain valid if you switch to AC140. Use the H1 validity as far as you can. Normally USCIS should send you a letter to confirm your intention to switch to CP once the service center is ready to process I824. The AP/EAD should remain valid till you get this letter. If you finish CP before that, no problems. Better confirm this with your lawyer (Or some one from this forum can confirm this).

Good Luck.

Birth Certificate

Folks,

My case is with NVC. I am expecting my CP in next 3-4 months time. My original birth certificate is in Hindi. I need to get it translated it in English. Does any one have any experience with translation? Is there any recommonded agency? You help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashish

averma said:
Folks,

My case is with NVC. I am expecting my CP in next 3-4 months time. My original birth certificate is in Hindi. I need to get it translated it in English. Does any one have any experience with translation? Is there any recommonded agency? You help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashish

Averma,

Even my original BC is in hindi, i got it translated and notarized in india, i mailed it to my parents and they got the translation done. I will suggest you do that on an Indian stamp paper, i am not aware if any agency can do that in USA. It will be good if we can find the one that does it here in us.

Link to NVC site detailing BC requirements:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1308.html

thanks,

gc

Nkelkar few timelines on AC-140 for Mumbai

Nkelkar said:
Hello All,

I have not been on this thread before, But am an active member on the Forum.

These are my details and I am looking for some suggestions.

Labor from CA , PD Oct 2001
Labor Approved Apr 2004
Concurrent filling of 140/485 at VSC (I live in Philadelphia) - 8/18/2004
Category EB3
Issued EAD and AP 9/2/2004
RFE on 140 (needs W-2 and Tax records for 3 yrs) 11/20/2004
Reply to RFE received by USCIS 12/20/2004

I am expecting the 140 to be approve in a couple of weeks, a month at the most.
Since my PD is oct 2001 I am not affected by the Retrogation of dates for 485.
As per the Processing timesw Bulletin VSC is process June 2003

I am from Bombay, Been in the US since 1991 (f-1 etc ) My latest Passport was issued in New York.
My latest H-1 was issued in Ottawa, although the one before that was issued in Bombay and the F-1 was issued in Bombay and my Permament address on the passport is Bombay. (Actaually in India I have never lived outside bombay , although travelled all over the country)

I am toying with the idea of AC 140 and wanted to get some opinion from this group before I send out an email to the lawyers.
Also if that is something that I do decide, Can I apply for a Police Certificate from the New York Consulate even though the 140 has not been approved yet??

Ash 1234 timelines:

AC140 Case

I-140 Approved - 22nd Dec
I-824 Applied - 9th Jan
I-824 Receipt Received - 20th Jan
Papers received by Mumbai Consulate - 24th Jan
Case accepted - 20th Feb

Received an email response from the consulate on 19th March that interview is expected in May.

Ash1234

Srisubra details:

AC 140 case

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My details

I-140 approved on Oct 4, 2003
I-824 applied Feb 2004
I-824 receipt feb 2004
AC 140 mailed to Mumbai consulate March 13, 2004
AC 140 accepted abd BMB case # created on March 19, 2004

Awaiting interview date details

Hi GC:

I have question with # 22) I-134 (Affidavit of support). This is we have to make for our dependents or my company should create for me?

Thank you
Sam :confused:

Sam_A said:
Hi GC:

I have question with # 22) I-134 (Affidavit of support). This is we have to make for our dependents or my company should create for me?

Thank you

Sam ,

You have to get one copy each, U.S. notarised I-134 for all your dependents

Thanks,

GC

Sam_A said:
Hi GC:

Thank you

Just to clarify this a little.

This Affidavit of Support is executed by you, one for each member of your
family attending the interview.

Raju

Just to clarify this a little.

This Affidavit of Support is executed by you, one for each member of your
family attending the interview.

Raju

Thanks a lot GC and Raju. Raju, It's very clear for me.

Thanks, :)
Sam

notarized document from US for BC

praytx said:
agree with Raju and GC,

I also have a BC on 20Rs bond paper.

good luck

My BC doesn't have my name or parents' name.
Can I not get a notarized document from here in the US instead of bond paper document from India ? My father is visiting the US right now and I can goto a notary much more easily than run around in India when I get there.
Also, how are you guys dealing with non-English BC (mine is in Hindi) ?
Can we do a self-translation or do we need one approved from some place ?

gc_come_to_papa said:
I also have on 20Rs stamp signed and notarised in front of a first class magistrate

First Class Magistrate?

Cant we make do with the normal notary officers available, say in banks, etc?