Mumbai Jan/Feb/March 2005 CP Interview

Anyone got email from mumbai consulate regarding Feb interviews

Did Anyone got any email from mumbai consulate regarding Feb interviews. I am waiting for Visa Bulletin to be published, called them on friday and they said feb dates are still not out.

thanks,

gc

Hi,
I'm waiting for the bulletin too. Any idea whether they will publish it on Friday( 15th) or willl they wait till Monday?

Hi Domplo

Domplo said:
Hi,
I'm waiting for the bulletin too. Any idea whether they will publish it on Friday( 15th) or willl they wait till Monday?

Jan 2005 Visa Bulletin was published on Dec 8th, 2004
Dec 2004: Visa Bulletin was published on Nov 8th, 2004
Nov 2004: Visa Bulletin was published on Oct 8th, 2004

i am hoping the visa bulletin should be out by today or tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks,

GC

Hi,
I was uder the impression that they published on the 15th. Would be great if it comes out 8 or 9th. Luck to all.

Visa Bulletin link

praytx said:
gc_come_to_pappa,

as per the link below, the file indicates a date of 12/15/2004 in the footer for the january 2005 list.

http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwfappt.pdf

Is there another place we shud be looking where u found the 12/8/2004 list?

thanks.

Partyx:

Visa Bulletin is published by state department, link you mentioned above refers to mumbai interview schedule, which they normally publish around middle of the month for the following month.

Link for Visa Bulletin:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

Visa Bulletin: reflects status of the prioirty dates for different categories

gc_come_to_pappa,

thanks for the clarification. i think domplo above was refering to when Mumbai consulate will publish the next list as per the title of this thread? altho I may have misunderstood that.

my app was sent to the consulate on 1/4/05. i sent an email to mumbai consulate last week and have not got a response yet. Does anyone know the approximate time Mumbai consulate takes to respond?

also, i am guessing based on what others have mentioned here and the cptracker.com stats, our interview date will be most likely 20-31st march, 05. i assumed that Mumbai consulate gives interview date 2 mos after receiving app on an average and if the app was recd in first part of the month (1-15(, u automatically get pushed back to 2.5 months. so for example, whether my app reached consulate on 1/4/05 or 1/16/05...it does not matter. is this guesstimate correct?

anyone have a better guesstimate?

thanks.

Pratyx:

My understanding:

praytx said:
gc_come_to_pappa,

thanks for the clarification. i think domplo above was refering to when Mumbai consulate will publish the next list as per the title of this thread? altho I may have misunderstood that.

my app was sent to the consulate on 1/4/05. i sent an email to mumbai consulate last week and have not got a response yet. Does anyone know the approximate time Mumbai consulate takes to respond?
Normally Mumbai consulate replies in 2-3 days, i have emailed them three times and got reply backin 2-3 days, but i have read some people have to wait for a week or so to get any response from mumbai consulate.
also, i am guessing based on what others have mentioned here and the cptracker.com stats, our interview date will be most likely 20-31st march, 05. i assumed that Mumbai consulate gives interview date 2 mos after receiving app on an average and if the app was recd in first part of the month (1-15(, u automatically get pushed back to 2.5 months. so for example, whether my app reached consulate on 1/4/05 or 1/16/05...it does not matter. is this guesstimate correct?

Correct, My case was entered by mumbai consulate on dec 1st and they replied back saying they hope to schedule interview in feb, when i called they said they schedule after 60 days..so your assumption is correct .anyone have a better guesstimate?

thanks.

Hi,
I read elsewhere in this forum that if your application reaches before the 15th of the month then you can expect an interview in the"second month following the one that your app reached in". If yours gets there after the 15th then it goes to the 3rd month. By the way guys mine is an AC140 case.??????

Domplo said:
Hi,
I read elsewhere in this forum that if your application reaches before the 15th of the month then you can expect an interview in the"second month following the one that your app reached in". If yours gets there after the 15th then it goes to the 3rd month. By the way guys mine is an AC140 case.??????

Hi Domplo,

Even i thought so, if you look at sanjay76 case, his case was send on sep 29th to mumbai and he got dec date, when i called mumbai consulate they said 60 days from the day we enter in our system.

Sanjay 76 link: http://www.immigrationportal.com/search.php?searchid=777051

Thanks,

GC

tks GC for concurring...altho i wud have prefered to be there in late feb (personal reasons)...my nieces have their birthday then and i cud have attended them...but hopefully our journey will be over by march:)

good luck to all

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Scheduled for Feb 22nd, 05

praytx said:
tks GC for concurring...altho i wud have prefered to be there in late feb (personal reasons)...my nieces have their birthday then and i cud have attended them...but hopefully our journey will be over by march:)

good luck to all

Hi Folks,

Just checked my mail and i have been scheduled for Cp interview on Feb 22nd, 2005 with mumbai consulate.

thanks,

gc

Thanks Domplo

Domplo said:
Congrats GC,
You bring hope to all of us.

I have started to put a list of documents needed for interview based on postings in this forum, please feel free to add or comment

TO DO’s: Before leaving US
1. Cover letter / Appointment letter & OF-171
2. Collect NOTARIZED employment letter (1 required. Photocopy can be used for derivative candidates)
3. Collect last 3 years' Tax transcripts from IRS by calling 800-829-1040 (free service) and W2 for 3 years
4. Get sailing permit from IRS (Not required since 1998)
5. Get PCC from Indian Consulate in US (if you are in US) (original only) - takes about 6 weeks with passport issued in India and 1 week for passports issued in USA.
6. Take the receipt of form IV bill ($335/- PP paid to NVC). (recommended, not required)
7. If you have stayed only in India and US Email Mumbai Consulate as to whether you need a PCC from India. Almost always they would reply that you wouldn't need one and the one issued from Indian Consulate is enough. Take a PRINTOUT of that email.
8. Passport (should be valid for at least 12 months...confirm with consulate as most web sites say 6 months)
9. Biographic Data Form (DS 230 part 1 copy of what you submitted with packet 3 / AC I-140 packet and part 2 (unsigned))
10. Original Birth Certificate from all GC applicants and 2 affidavits of birth if missing or incorrect information in original BC (required)
11. Original Marriage certificate (required, if married and spouse accompanying)
12. Wedding photos & Invitation card (Recommended)
13. Pay stubs (last 4-6 stubs...i.e for 2-3 months) (Recommended, not required)
14. Original Degree certificates (recommended, not required)
15. Original School Transcripts (recommended, not required)
16. All previous F1 (student visa) papers, if any (Required)
17. All current and previous H1 (Work visa) papers, if any (Required)
18. Any other doc/paper related to INS/BCIS approvals (Required)
19. Company brochures, annual reports. (recommended, not required)
20. Company financial statements. (recommended, not required)
21. Bank statement followed by a photocopy (recommended, not required)
22. Notarized Affidavit of support I-134 (required)
23. Wife's employment letter (if any)

TO DO’s: At Mumbai

PHOTO STUDIOS -- Photo from "My Own Photo Studio" (recommended for immigration photos). Located 2 blocks from US Consulate Mumbai on Bhulabhai Desai Road. 011-91-22-23646247/ 011-91-22-23869629. M-F 9am - 7pm IST. Charges Rs 100 for next day service and Rs 250 for same day service. Strongly recommended.

Medcial Check Up -- Call hospital and mention that the test is for immigration visa.

DOCTORS ADDRESS – Specifically tell the receptionist at the hospital that you would like to schedule an immigration medical check up and they know the rest. Lilavati (91-22-26455918), Hinduja (91-22-24452422 or 2444-7183), Breach Candy (91-22-23667979) Call M-F anytime.

Breach Candy closer to My Own Photo Studio so you can do medicals and immigrant photos same day.

TO DO’s: AFTER interview
1. Remember to collect all your ORIGINALS. (Important), verify them
2. Take all receipts if any paid (to get reimbursement if eligible)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All,

I have not been on this thread before, But am an active member on the Forum.

These are my details and I am looking for some suggestions.

Labor from CA , PD Oct 2001
Labor Approved Apr 2004
Concurrent filling of 140/485 at VSC (I live in Philadelphia) - 8/18/2004
Category EB3
Issued EAD and AP 9/2/2004
RFE on 140 (needs W-2 and Tax records for 3 yrs) 11/20/2004
Reply to RFE received by USCIS 12/20/2004

I am expecting the 140 to be approve in a couple of weeks, a month at the most.
Since my PD is oct 2001 I am not affected by the Retrogation of dates for 485.
As per the Processing timesw Bulletin VSC is process June 2003

I am from Bombay, Been in the US since 1991 (f-1 etc ) My latest Passport was issued in New York.
My latest H-1 was issued in Ottawa, although the one before that was issued in Bombay and the F-1 was issued in Bombay and my Permament address on the passport is Bombay. (Actaually in India I have never lived outside bombay , although travelled all over the country)

I am toying with the idea of AC 140 and wanted to get some opinion from this group before I send out an email to the lawyers.
Also if that is something that I do decide, Can I apply for a Police Certificate from the New York Consulate even though the 140 has not been approved yet??

Nkelkar said:
Hello All,

I have not been on this thread before, But am an active member on the Forum.

These are my details and I am looking for some suggestions.

Labor from CA , PD Oct 2001
Labor Approved Apr 2004
Concurrent filling of 140/485 at VSC (I live in Philadelphia) - 8/18/2004
Category EB3
Issued EAD and AP 9/2/2004
RFE on 140 (needs W-2 and Tax records for 3 yrs) 11/20/2004
Reply to RFE received by USCIS 12/20/2004

I am expecting the 140 to be approve in a couple of weeks, a month at the most.
Since my PD is oct 2001 I am not affected by the Retrogation of dates for 485.
As per the Processing timesw Bulletin VSC is process June 2003

I am from Bombay, Been in the US since 1991 (f-1 etc ) My latest Passport was issued in New York.
My latest H-1 was issued in Ottawa, although the one before that was issued in Bombay and the F-1 was issued in Bombay and my Permament address on the passport is Bombay. (Actaually in India I have never lived outside bombay , although travelled all over the country)

I am toying with the idea of AC 140 and wanted to get some opinion from this group before I send out an email to the lawyers.
Also if that is something that I do decide, Can I apply for a Police Certificate from the New York Consulate even though the 140 has not been approved yet??

Applying for PCC do not require I-140 approval, but the catch is it is valid only for 6 months. I would suggest to wait till 140 approval before applying for PCC.