Mumbai Feb CP...countdown

photos-

Thanks for the info guys..
The reason I am asking the question is because we will arriving in Mumbai on the 17th (sunday) be doing our medical at lilavati on the 18th. So I do not have time for the medical photos in Mumbai!

(I leave Mumbai for Goa on the 19th, and return on the 26th for the interview on the 27th..)
We plan to stay at the Hotel Kemps Corner - 26th & 27th. Anyone else planning to be there?

Pictures for Medicals

Google,
For medicals, I\'m taking passport size pictures that I got done from one of those automated photo kiosks at the mall since they don\'t have any particular requirements. Pretty easy way to get decent instant pics. Bon Voyage and see you at the consulate!

PCC clarified

There was some confusion going around for PCC requirement CP in India. So I sent an email to Mumbai consulate. Thought of sharing with all.

------------------------------------------------------
You require both
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 11:54 PM
To: \'mumbaiiv@state.gov\'
Subject: PCC requirement for Immigrant VISA

Hi

I am about to apply for consular processing for my Immigrant Visa (Employment based, EB2).

I lived in India & then in US for past 3 years.

In reference to Police Certificate requirement do I need to take that certificate from Indian Consulate in US or from police department from US & India.

The Mumbai Consulate web site (http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhimmi.html#police) still says people of Indian origin does not require any police certificate.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards
---------------------------------------------------------------

sgurjar , Keep your rude feeling with yourself.

I need not to take your suggestion with you.

Neither the info was intended for ill-mannered people like you.
Enough said. May time will bless you with good manners.

En-route to india...

Hello guys,

I am on my way to India. currently posting this message from Detroit Airport club. Only one PCC is required and there shouldn\'t be any confusion now. there is no restriction either if one wants to get more by taking unnecessary troubles. so lets focus on getting our GCs.

good luck! next posting from Mera Bharat Mahaan. medicals on monday.

We leave for India this afternoon....

I will be leaving for india later tonight... this forum and all you guys have been a great help. Well, all the best to everybody....hope to bump into a few of you in Mumbai.

regards, and take care!

Would the Indian Overseas bank accept traveller checks for making the DD..

I am looking to avoid getting the traveller checks encashed first, and then carrying the currency to the bank..

Ideas ?

they do have a forex dept as well...

I m not sure tho .. u might wanna call first .
i carried rupees.

scan of mumbai police letter

prooving that only local PCC is reqd.
In any case , on Feb 1 st , they only asked me for the RPO s PCC.
(for all those new to this board ) .

Can\'t you use Traveler\'s checks at the bank?

(to get the cash and then use the cash to get the drafts made)

that is what I wanted to confirm...

I would think that Indian Overseas Bank would accept AmEx traveller checks, but to avoid any last minute surprises, I was looking to see if we had someone who had used traveller checks towards drafts in the nationalized banks..

eb1seekeer

get there 10 mins earlier .. more than enough.

I got their at 9.25 for a 9.30 interview on Feb 1

CP done on Feb 25

refer to my other posting under the main folder. due to time constraint, i am not able to paste the link. good luck. will answer questions at the earliest i can.