Mumbai Feb CP...countdown

natcam

I had PCC from the CGNY , wife from RPO in Mumbai.
All went well on Feb 1st.

So basically CGNY and RPO certs are the same.
No one checked passport for the PCC stamp .( utleast not in front of me ) .

I ll post the mumbai letter when I get my hands on a scanner,
You can get it easily from mumbai.,

go to the police station behind xaviers college ( rang bhawan ).
On the ground floor ask for Mr Salunkhe .
He has a pre typed letter , which he just signs and dates and hands over to u at no charge.
In any case this letter is obviously un required .. so dont even bother...no one asked me for this . They only looked at the RPO / CGNY PCC.

sgurjar

I need to fix my medical. Did you just call Hinduja and fix the appointment or does anyone need to go there?

I am hoping my case wrongly approved as EB2 gets corrected by then.

Excellent news...

Now I will enjoy my days in India instead of running around to RPO and police stations. I AM NOT GOING TO GET ANYTHING FROM INDIA. instead will enjoy my short stay in India. very good.

EB1seeker,

I call Hinduja for medical ... I am stying in Dadar near to hospital.
What\'s your paln ?

Sgurjar

My plan is uncertain since I have been told I cannot go for the interview until INS corrects the approval to a EB1 and intimates consulate. Worst case is interview is postponed.

My wife is from Mumbai, so we will stay there.

Sgurjar - question on passport for child

I am planning to get a passport issued for my daughter. In the form where it asks for Applicant signature and in index cards , did you sign or did you get your childs thumb impression?

Current Address in DS230-I

hi,

which address should we put in item # 13 in DS230-I for current address. The US address or the Indian address ?

If i put the current US address i understand we still receive the appointment letter by mail but no packet 4. is that correct ?

Thanks.

Draffy

if you put US address they will send P4 to US address otherwise they will send to your local address inidan.. indian address is good since the US mail screwed up ...

Medicals & Sailing Permit

Hello,

I have been asked (by the hospital) to carry the following for my medicals in India. But now I don\'t remember quite clearly:
1) Passport original
2) Passport complete - photocopy
3) 2 passport size photographs
4) Interview Letter
5) Cash Money - Rs. 1700/- per person plus extra, as applicable.

Am I forgetting anything else here?

About the sailing permit: it has literally nothing to do with CP. It is required everytime you leave the US (whether you do your CP or not). I doubt if anybody carried it before so why worry now. Carry Tax transcript and 2001 paystubs showing tax withholding and the consular officer will be fine. The sailing permit is just to make sure that you paid all your taxes - just in case you don\'t return. But, if you can get it easily and want to have it for peace of mind, just go ahead. But it\'s NOT necessary for CP but IS necessary to leave the US.

Medicals & Sailing Permit

Shri Ganesh, your list for medicals is complete. The only difference between Lilavati and Hinduja is - Lilavati asks for original passport whereas induja is satisfied with the photocopy. I have not heard good things about Breach Candy, so I steered clear of them.

Are you carrying sailing permit? I went to my local IRS office where I was asked to complete Form 1040-C, which is pretty elaborate, in spite of my pointing out that we need to fill either Form 2063 or Form 1040-C as per instructions on page 2 (of Form 1040-C instructions). Since then, my motivation to get the sailing permit has taken a dive.

I\'ll give a shot for Sailing Permit because...

I will be going to a place next to IRS office. so i will just carry the 2063 form and go to the IRS office in next building. people have posted that it\'s a 5 minute thing. if that\'s the case, i\'ll take it. but i wouldn\'t worry if i don\'t get it. it\'s not a CP requirement. more imp. is the Tax Transcript or copy of your previous tax returns & paystubs.

I got my Sailing permit ..It \'s five minitue jobs..

I went to IRS and they sign my form by just checking the Social security number ...

another question about anticipating interview date

I read elsewhere on this board that they schedule employment based interviews in the later half of the month and family based in the first half -- is that true? Are any of you employment based and gotten an interview in the first half?
another question: is it advisable to hold off sending P3 and trying to get interview in desired month or send it and then postpone interview?
I am trying to avoid interview between May 15 and June 15. When should I send P3? thanks

how easy to change interview date?

Can I specify desired time frame? do i have to give reason? Do they only grant dates if you have an emergency or speical case?
thanks

PCC - Is everyone planning to take only from US consulate?

I am planning to take the PCC which I got from the Indian consulate in New York and nothing else. Is anyone getting a local PCC (Wantagc has posted that this is not possible) ?

PCC from Indian Consulate ONLY...

after wantAgc\'s experience, I also stopped all activities in India. my wife was going nuts meeting people from social workers to DCPs. PCC is not available EASILY even with commissioner\'s contact. but I am feeling great after wantAgc\'s success.

anyway, I finally collected my employment letter and other original documents from HR today. my employment letter has "Systems" in place of "System" in my title....ain\'t going to bother.

flying out on the 14th.....that\'s it. it really is a countdown. and excitement of going to India is definitely there. infact, there is so much social things in India that I am completely relaxed with GC. i guess, i will get nervous on the day of the interview. we have our school reunion on the eve of interview (50-60 students meeting after a long time) so that\'s going to be a diversion for me.

GOOD LUCK!!