Mumbai CP sucessful on 21st March

pintoo

Registered Users (C)
Thanks a lot for all those who posted their experience. I would not have a CP GC today without all the guidance and support.

Sorry for a little bit of delay on posting this.

My experience with CP in mumbai

1. CP IS THE WAY TO Go. It is fast and generally you have a better idea where things are. Interview is a formality. Barely lasts a minute ! They do not ask for ANYTHING more than asked for in the Packet IV.

1. Fill up new DS 230 forms that come with the P IV. I had used older format so had to hand fill new forms right there in the consulate.

2. Take photos ONLY in My Own studio. Everything else is rejected.. I think this has been posted quite often and did help a few of use who had read about this.

3. Medical is cool. They just take the sealed packet.

4. Carry two copies of each document. The leady who collected the document was very very rash and rude. make stacks for each person appearing for interview.

5. Police certificates were asked for. I had one from CGDC. That was sufficient.

6. Carry stuff in polythiene bags. Carry drafts made on the name mentioned in P IV. do not make it centurian etc. as mentioned on the web site. Those drafts were not taken.

7. They made us stand for more than an hour to collect the visas in the afternoon. That was bad but ok after hearing that the visas were granted.

8. POE is cool. They take your visa packet, stamp your passport and tell you the details about what this means.

Good luck to everyone.

congrats pintoo

could u pls post some details of your medical.
when did u take the medical appo and how?
pls post details.
Will help us.

what time does Consulate give back passports in evening?

I am planning a train journey outside Bombay. Is it reasonable to book a train ticket for the train starting at 7.00 PM from Bombay central on the same day evening of the interview day?

Pinto - Why was the draft made to \'centurian bank\' rejected

The website clearly says so . What did you do then.

I have not received P-4, can you tell me to whom the draft is to me made ?

Medical

I could get appointment at Hinduja for medical in two days. Call the number on the information leaflet that consulate gives you in P IV.

That will be close..

We were told that we will get the passports at 3.30 but they started only at about 4.30. I have heard that that is usual case. You should have it in your hand before 5.30. I guess you could make it by cab !!!

Do not follow the web site

I had made the draft for Americal Consulate General, Mumbai..but please double check after getting P IV..My friend who had made it for centurian had dificulty as they rejected that draft..luckily me had about 25 k cash on him.

thanks Pintoo.. one more question

does my spouse/kid have to personally present themselves in evening to get those packets/passports ? or can I alone collect on behalf of all of us?

my own studio

Hey guys,
Do you have the contact info for \'my own studio\' - address / phone number etc. ?

Thanks....

here you go

My own Photo studio
91,bhulabhai Desai Road,
Mumbai-400 026
Timing: 9 to 7..
Road map:...Go towards raj pavilion direction....there will be garden on right hand and side and opposite that my own photo studio...Waliking distance...5-7 minutes