Mumbai -CP Interview-25th June-Done

June04

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Attended my CP interview @ mumbai consulate y'day and went well. Collected passports with immigrant visa from VFS office in the evening.
Was very happy to see that stamp :)

PD : Sep 2002
EB 3
Case was sent to Mumbai consulate in Jan 2005.

Here is the sequence of events:
Landed in Mumbai on 11th June night.
Papers were submitted to VFS-Mumbai - 12th June morning
Our medical appt was on 13th June, but after we submitted papers ,we went to breach candy and requested staff, lady at the counter was nice and she included us on 12th June itself.

Our interview time was 7:30 am 25th June. Reached early at consulate.
Around 7:45 am we were inside. Indian Lady called us around 8:15 am and we gave our medicals, ICICI bank draft.

Around 9 :40 am we were called again, one Indian lady took our interview. First we signed DS 230 II , took oath, gave finger prints. After that lady asked couple of questions.

1. Have you been with same employer always ? (She meant in US)
2. When was your GC filed ?
3. How much are you paid ? (I saw her reading my job letter- i think it is very important)
4. When did you come to India and when are you going back ?

For my spouse :
1. What is your company name ?
2. Have your employer filed GC ?

In the end She said , Your visas are approved and passport will be mailed to you via courier.

It did not take more than 5 mins and we were out of consulate by 9:50 am.

Collected passports from VFS office in the evening. Passports are stamped for 6 months.

Conclusion : As other members said, it is a mere formality for employment based applicants. So, don't worry.

If any of you have any questions..let me know...this forum was very helpful to me. One of the forum member suggested me to look @ revised mumbai appt list , i m not sure what would have happened if i had not visited this forum on 21st of May....

Best of Luck to all who are waiting for the interview..

Thanks again.
-June04

Hi June04, Congratulations!
Did you have to get the FBI namecheck done for Consular Processing? How difficult was it to get the Police Clearance Certificates and why did you opt for CP?

Thanks!