Mumbai Consulate - H1 Renewal - Dec

tc2007

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I am trying to get an appt at Mumbai Consualte for H1 renewal sometime around 15 dec. The calender is showing the entire months of DEC / JAN / FEB as unavaiable. I cannot believe that they are already taken. I am guessing that they have not yet been opened or made avaialble.

Can someone confirm that?

Thanks

Since its a renewal , you could get dates as soon as Thu-1st november. Select the right options at the VFS website.

Thanks.

I am trying to get my passport stamped with H1 this December (for the first time).
I have been trackiing the VFS website for appointments since mid-september and I haven't seen December ever opened for scheduling. I am concerned though. Its barely a month away and nothing is fixed! At Mumbai consulate, you also need to send in all your documents 3 days prior... so it will be really useful if it opens soon. Does anyone have any ideas/info on this. Would be appreciated. thanks.

Emergency Appt

I am trying to get my passport stamped with H1 this December (for the first time).
I have been trackiing the VFS website for appointments since mid-september and I haven't seen December ever opened for scheduling. I am concerned though. Its barely a month away and nothing is fixed! At Mumbai consulate, you also need to send in all your documents 3 days prior... so it will be really useful if it opens soon. Does anyone have any ideas/info on this. Would be appreciated. thanks.

I saw an "Emergency Appt" option on the webiste for renewals. I think if nothing works then we can use that options. I beleive that the Dec dates will open in late Nov. If not then I will try to contact the consulate at that time to find out what is happening.

You can try the same thing.

The emergency appt is ONLY in case of a real emergency, like a death in the family or something of that seriousness (per the vfs website). I have been tracking and I am pretty confident that they haven't opened up yet for mid-december. I just sent an email to vfs trying to confirm that. will post what happens. Its ridiculous that they keep it closed for so long. I wonder what benefit there is in it? especially considering the fact that for Mumbai consulate you need to have your documents submitted 3 days prior to you appt. For those of us already in the US, that leaves quite less time to collect all forms and ship them to India.

tc2007- please keep checking the forum and keeping others updated. thanks!

The emergency appt is ONLY in case of a real emergency, like a death in the family or something of that seriousness (per the vfs website). I have been tracking and I am pretty confident that they haven't opened up yet for mid-december. I just sent an email to vfs trying to confirm that. will post what happens. Its ridiculous that they keep it closed for so long. I wonder what benefit there is in it? especially considering the fact that for Mumbai consulate you need to have your documents submitted 3 days prior to you appt. For those of us already in the US, that leaves quite less time to collect all forms and ship them to India.

tc2007- please keep checking the forum and keeping others updated. thanks!

The emergency page also states that "Those on H1 trying to get renewal so that they can go back to US for thier jobs" are elegible for the emergency appt. I think I will fall in this category. not sure about you.

hey sorry for the incomplete info. you are right, renewals are fine for emergency appt. I am not for H renewal tho. I am going for H for the first time..but per vfs email reponse, mid-december is yet to open at mumbai, so there is hope. thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: