Mumbai Consulate closed ??

EkGCChahiye

Registered Users (C)
Mumbai consulate has been shut down today (3/1)- as per MPR radio stn- 8.03 EST news on 3/1- due to Gujarat\'s situation.

Any news from anybody who is in Mumbai ??

those religious fanatics will sink the country

I dont care if you re hindu or muslim .. but right wing extremism has no place in a civil world.

Such situations make me feel happy about running away from India.

I hopw they hand the swines who caused the trouble in gujrat.

It may Open on Saturday and continue Processing

Just confirmed from a friend of mine whoes dad got this news to him

Calm down. Running from India would not do it

Running would be not facing the situation, analogous to suicide.

I agree to your reasoning, but not to your conclusion.
I also don\'t agree to your tacit presumption, that it does not happen outside India.

We, intellectuals, have to come up with a right solution to help ourselves and our brethren.

I will not spoil this BB for these discussions, but It sound me rages internally, when I see people blaming country/govt/others to something they don\'t want to find a solution for.

We (including me) cannot absolve of our mis-doings or non-doings.

I agree

On top of this we have the usual apathetic government attitude - encouraging this kind of violence. We can\'t fix illetarcy, hunger and poverty - so let\'s just distract people with mandirs and masjids.

Mumbai peaceful...consulate don\'t know

Hello,

I am currently roaming in mumbai...my last day here. mumbai bandh was peaceful and no trouble. but our relatives in gujarat are stuck. we were going to get together in mumbai tonight and they can\'t come. will try to call up the consulate today and post any news.