'Mumbai Confirmed/Likely Interview dates in July/August/September'

reshmaya said:
Hi Guys,

Q1: I have heard that the interview letter comes to different destinations, could be lawyer, could be me.How long should a person wait before going to the consulate itself and asking for the appointment letter?

{{Appt letter comes to you and your lawyer. If you don't get at least before your travel dates you go and pick it up from the information window and go for medicals}}}

Q2: In the Mumbai consulate web site, it is written that the appointment letter is required for medicals?Does the consulate pick the hospital name for us?

{{You can choose the hospital listed on the website. }}}

Q3: If we have a choice amongst the INS certified places in Mumbai, when should be call and schedule for an appointment?Should we call/email?

{{Once you get to know your interview date you can call the hospital and get the appointment}}

Q4: If the appointment letter does not come, then would it be advisable to go to the consulate a day before a medical appointment?(BASED on Q2's reply)

{{I would say couple of days earlier would be better, no specific reason}}

Thanks again,
R

If you have somebody in Mumbai, have them pick up the P4 at the consulate.

Also the hospitals are contracted by Mumbai consulate, not INS certified.

Unfortunately I dont have anyone in Bombay.

Perhaps I should email the consulate about this person if i find someone who can collect it a week prior?

Thanks,
R

URGENT - Should I go for fingerprinting (AOS) when i plan to fo for CP next month?

Hi,

I am waiting for the Oct dates which obviously will come out by 15 of this month.

Meanwhile, a request for getting finger printing done for my husband has come.My company lawyer(not the external lawyers doing AC140) have requested me to accompany my hubby and ask to be finger printed at CA.

Q1: Will this change anything as far as us not being able to proceed with Counselor processing?As you know I am in AOS state but am going for CP-AC140 to Mumbai in Oct, tentative timeframe given by the Mumbai consulate.
Q2: My lawyer says my notice should also be coming anytime.So should I take their advice and get the fingerprinting done?

Thanks much,
R

Successfull Ac 140 At Mumbai Cons. And Poe

Hi Everyone!

I Like To Thanks To Everybody For Guidance And Helping Me .

Medical At Bch On Aug 26- Starts At 7.30 Am, Same Day Report, No Problem, No Vaccination As We Already Have.they Especially Look For Mmr, Took Chest X-rays.

Iv Interview On Aug 31-reached Us Consulate @8am, Long Queue- Same Line For Everyone, Seems Disorganised Outside But Organised Inside The Consulate.we Have Taken Documents In Clear Bag- No Zipper, No Purse For Female,no Cellphone/mobile.stand In Queue With Appt Letter... In By 8.30am, Inside They Collected Appt Letter And Told To Sit In Front Of Window 9,10,11.waited For 2 Hrs.. My Name Was Called, Went In Front Or Window 10, A Smiling Indian Man With Sense Of Humor- Nicely Checked And Took Some Of The Documents-original Pcc,notarized Empolyment Letter,bc,mc, Affidavit Of Support For My Wife. Photograph.he Has Our File With Part 1 And Part 2 Application-sent By Lawyer, But Required To Submit Additional New One Set Of Part1&2(unsigned).also Sublitted Bank Draft Of Rs15,410/ For Each Applicant In Other Infront Window.we Were Asked To Wait For Interview.

In About Half An Hour Name Was Called For Interview-immigration Officer Was Indian( Raised In Us) , Nice And Courteus,american Accent, He Asked Where I Work, And Where We Live, Frindly Attitude, He Gave Us Oath, Gave Our Index Fingerprint And Was Told To Collect Out Passport With A Sealed Package At 3.30 Pm.

Poe At Detroit.
Went Directly To Us Citizent Queue.. Inspector Told Us To Go Visitor Queue This Time.went Ther , One Laby Officer In Visitor Section With Special Processing Line- Checked Our Information In Computer , Stamped Our Passport, Opened The Yellow Envelope, Checked Few Things In Computer And Said Evrything Is Okay...she Then Filled Some Card- Made Us To Sign And Took Our Finger Print And Confirmed Our Address And Phone Number And Welcomed Us.
On Asking When Our Gereen Card(plastic)will Arrive- Said 6-9 Months.

But I Know One Of My Friend Got Those In Two Weeks( He Was Also Told 6-9 Months At Detroit). Any Experinces From Senior Members.

Thanks Again For Helping Me Through This Journey....

If Any Questions Feel Free To Ask...

ranjansinha said:
On Asking When Our Gereen Card(plastic)will Arrive- Said 6-9 Months.

But I Know One Of My Friend Got Those In Two Weeks( He Was Also Told 6-9 Months At Detroit). Any Experinces From Senior Members.
Card recd. 9/16
POE - DTW - 7/19

I have already posted these questions on other threads, but I would like for those of who follows only this thread can answer my queries.

Hi All CP guru's,

I have few questions, please answer them,
1. For faster CP process, what is the best way, A. To file I-140 as CP, and once 140 is approved go for AC140 and start CP process(do I need to fiel I824 in this case too). or B, file I140 as AOS and then later on 140 geting approved file I824 and then with receipt of I824(as I'am from Mumbai) get AC140 and continue with CP process.

2 .Please tell me which one is better, my understanding after going thru various threads in this forum is, if we file i140 with intention of CP< then I cannot use AC140 is this correct ? . Also by filing I140 as CP does it expedites the I140 process as there is no attached application for 485 ?

3. Suppose I go for CP process, and as per current speed I anticipate to get my CP interview inmonyh of May/June 2005, now in this conditions, can just I go for interview leaving my wife behind in US and postponing her interview date on some other date say 2 months after my interview, reason being we will be having newly born baby then, so in this case can I do this of postponing my wife interview at later date.Or is it constarinted as both husnand wife need to go together for CP interview.

awaiting answer