Mumbai april23rd interview successful, POE no issues

EkGCChahiye

Registered Users (C)
Detailed itinery and experience has been written multiple times by other folks, hence not attempting to repeat.

Salient Learnings-
1. When asked for pre-ponement of interview date, Mumbai Consulate was very accomodating.
2. Have exact drafts (2 different for 260/65$). Make sure it is in name of consulate (not centurion bank as website says) and is made by one of the reputed national or international banks. The guy at cash counter was very rude & non-accomodating.
3. Keep your eye on form of validity of yr Birth certs etc. A guy with interview on same day as mine was rejected due to improper evidence of Birth, because he had birth certificate from municipality which stated- "cert of birth and domicile" - not "birth cert" or "cert of birth".
4. Time is crucial. Arrange paperwork such that you can quickly provide needed paperwork to consular officers. (Indian lady takes paperwork before consular officer, but consular officer can ask for paperwork if needed). The consular officer asked validity of my stay in US and I took a min to take my H1B approvals out of my bag. She was about to tell me that she will call my name again, pls be seated.
5. Medical is cool experience in Hinduja. Very professional. Eye opener that Indians are changing.
6. X-RAYS are neither taken at POE nor at consulate.
7. Officers at POE were very cordial.
8. Don\'t even think of keeping any suspicious package in yr hand luggage. I had a "nada- a type of rope" tied to one of my pyjama. It was stripped off very mercilessly by secrity officers in London. Shaving Razor was also thrown out. (I felw via BA).

Very best of luck to all prospective immigration candidates.

Congratulations and a question

You mentioned a someone\'s GC was rejected because of birth cert problems. Was it really rejected or he was asked to come back with correct documents? Was that also a CP interview or non-immigrant visa interview case?

thanks,
tapasvi.

congrats ekgchahiye

Congratulation.
Can you pls brief your medcal at Hinduja.
Does consular officer present when they collect document at window?
Thanks for your answer.

Ans for GhoshT\'s Qs

1. Medicals at Hinduja
Appointment was of 7.45, reached at around 7.15. Ground floor, sea side, went and asked for Medical check-ups for Immigrant US Visa. Sent to a counter to fill up forms and pay fees.

Paid fees, then asked to report to 3rd floor, wing4. Went there. A nurse was waiting for all of us, took original appt letter, receipts for fees and photos, passport copies and asked us to stay in the wtg room. Since I was not prepared to give passport copies, she asked me to submit later. I also gave BW photos. She asked me that usually they take colored, but if I don\'t have, then it\'s fine.

Within 10 mins (depending upo queue), she called our name, started all checkups and blood extraction etc. 30 mins and we (my wife and son together) were free. We were then led in batches to X-Ray room, where it took 15 mins and then were asked to come back at 2.30.

We reached back at 3.15 (traffic delays). Our name was already called. The moment we reached, the nice lady called us by hand waving and said, we can go in directly to See the Dr.

We went in. Dr checked us. Asked to stay in the wtg room. We waited for 15 mins, and then were called again to give the detailed report. At this time, I submitted the passport photocopies. In 30-45 mins, it was all over. By 4.00, we were out of Hspital.

2. An Indian lady collects all documents and fill in a checklist (their own use). The bunch- checklist and docs are then handed over to Consular officer. Consular officer then asks us to fill the oath, take an oath and then fill in remaining details by asking simple basic facts. It is all over. I was just asked one question- "Provide proof of my valid stay in US". I provided I771s and consular officer was happy.

Congrats EkGCChahiye. Two questions

a) Whether the PCC from Indian consulate in US was sufficient or did you carried PCC from India also?

b) Any deatils of hotels nearby to consulate experience?

Thanks

WatchTSc

what is I-771?

Could you explain what this I-771?
Do you mean, the approved labor certificate
from the prior emloyer?

Thanks in advance.

guys..he might have meant I797..our NOTICE OF ACTION - H1B PAPER

Take it easy..all of us have the documents.
Shanks

hi EKGCChahiye

I read your CP experience,in that you wrote
you paid fees at consulate.Is yours AC-140
case .please answer.
thanks
gckod

PCC reply for WatchTSC

1. I was in US, hence took PCC "only" from Indian consulate. My wife was in India for last 3 months, hence she took PCC "only" from India. Both the forms ALONE were acceptable.
2. Hotels- no idea, stayed with friend.

yes mine was AC-140, but I was pre Dec case, where our P3 was directly sent to consulate. No NVC in

I don\'t know the recent developments on this regard.

EkGCChahiye...you mention pre-ponement of interview was entertained

by the consulate.

what exactly happened ? thanks for info.

gcseeker02

gcseeker02

pls refer to this link..

EkGCChahiye "Confirmed Mumbai Interviews from Apr 15-30" 3/26/02 9:16pm