Mumbai: April / May Interview Tracker

Affidavit of support

Hi folks,

Little confusion over Affidavit of support.

1) I need to write one notarized affidavit for my wife. Is that right?

2) Does my employer needs to write notarized affidavit for me?

Thanks,

averma said:
Hi folks,

Little confusion over Affidavit of support.

1) I need to write one notarized affidavit for my wife. Is that right?

{correct}

2) Does my employer needs to write notarized affidavit for me?

{no, employer needs to provide notarised employment letter}

Thanks,

my responses in {}

-sg

employment letter

My interview is n may 24th in mumbai.I got employment letter from my employer and got it notarized myself. That is ok,correct?
Also can someone suggest what kind of attire is good to wear on the interview day. I am going with my wife as well.
Regards
harru

harru said:
My interview is n may 24th in mumbai.I got employment letter from my employer and got it notarized myself. That is ok,correct?
Also can someone suggest what kind of attire is good to wear on the interview day. I am going with my wife as well.
Regards
harru

Harru,
You need to get the notarized letter signed by you HR/employer in front of a notary. That's what a notarized letter is. For the interview wear a good pair of trousers and shirt and a tie. It always makes a good impression from the start.

Had Successful CP at Mumbai

Hello Guys!
I had a successfull CP at Mumbai. Done with the stamping, got the Passport. Thanks to everyone who helped me out. This forum is excellent. I got the answers to my all the questions by browsing through the forum. I will post my detail experience in a day or two.

Badhaiyaan, Congrats

Badhaiyaan, Congrats.

Let us know if there was any special demand for documents or any other surprises.

samirgandhi said:
Hello Guys!
I had a successfull CP at Mumbai. Done with the stamping, got the Passport. Thanks to everyone who helped me out. This forum is excellent. I got the answers to my all the questions by browsing through the forum. I will post my detail experience in a day or two.

1) Namecheck: Do we need to write to consulate to initiate the namecheck, as soon as we reached India?

2) Packet 4: My interview is on May 25th and i am leaving US on May 13th. I have not received P4 yet. I am planning to get the P4 from Mumbai consulate on May 16th.

3) Packet 4: People who have got P4 recently, please let us know if you have seen any special document request.

There is no special document in Packet 4 except fro your appointment letter which you can get from the public window outside the consulate. A member of my family picked up packet 4 for me and I also got packet 4 the day I was leaving for India. There is no difference in the 2.

Name Check

AON.

Did you write to consulate for name check when you landed in india? Is this recommended for Mumbai Consulate?

aonflux said:
There is no special document in Packet 4 except fro your appointment letter which you can get from the public window outside the consulate. A member of my family picked up packet 4 for me and I also got packet 4 the day I was leaving for India. There is no difference in the 2.

Hi Guys!
In the Ds-230 part-1, we mentioned the address to which the Greencard will be mailed. In my case, I am already done with the CP at mumbai. I just came to know that this address is no longer valid. My friends has already vacated the place. So can somebody suggest what should I do ??

samirgandhi said:
Hi Guys!
In the Ds-230 part-1, we mentioned the address to which the Greencard will be mailed. In my case, I am already done with the CP at mumbai. I just came to know that this address is no longer valid. My friends has already vacated the place. So can somebody suggest what should I do ??

Call the service center you belong to and talk to them about updating your address.

Raju

Inteview date 06/07/2005

EB3
My 140 AD : 11/12/2004
NVC Case Created: 12/02/2004
Fee bill generated: 12/13/2004
Fee Bill recd: 12/29/2004
Fee bill sent: 01/07/2005
P3 -NVC Recd P3 from STL: 03/14/2005
NVC Completed PK3 Review: 03/21/2005
Case Sent to Consulate: 03/30/2005
Interview Date : 06/07/2005

Any new developments / updates/ info :
Emailed consulate asking for interview date on 05/05/2005,
Got reply 05/06/2005 - Interview Date is 06/07/2005....

Questions: For Medical is it OK to go on 06/06/2005 just a day
before interview ? If this is not OK then why not OK?
What are the reason that could delay the interview for more than 1 day...
(Me , My wife & Daughter (5 year old) are in Great health & never had any medical issues by the grace of GOD)

Ansarianas,

I do not see any problem with 6/6 medical. But what's the problem with keeping a day in buffer... for some unforeseen reasons... It's up to you and your schedule..

Waiting for P4.

HI All,

My interview is on May 25th, and i have not yet received the P4. I am leaving for Mumbai in a couple of days and intend to get the P4 from the consulate.

My lawyer informed me that not all consulte provides "the appointment notice" by window service. Does Mumbai Consulate provide the complete P4 (Appointment Notice, DS 230 Part II form etc.)?

Please let me know.

Successful Inerview and POE

Hi All,

I had interview on May 25th and POE on June 6th. Both went on without any hitch. Pretty routine and ordinary affair. Medical and Interview is time consuming and boring, but routine.

There only a couple of points that i want to highlight here:
1) Everyone have to stand in line to get into consulate. So all CP candidates should also stand in line to get in for interview and also to receive your Passport.

2) If you plan to marry while doing your CP in India, than just mention this at the interview. They will provide you with the forms required for your spouse.

This information is published based on my experience, Please use at your own risk.

averma said:
Ansarianas,

I do not see any problem with 6/6 medical. But what's the problem with keeping a day in buffer... for some unforeseen reasons... It's up to you and your schedule..
I agree with the above poster. It would be wise to do that. I had a 2 working day gap betn the meds and interview.

My flight to India had issues so I reached 1 day late, in which case the gap turned out good for me.