Mumbai: April / May Interview Tracker

harru,
I called them up on april - 06 to find out my interview date. The numbers are (91-22) 23637407, 23637408. The best time would be between 10 - 11 am india time. Even I am not able to reach them since two days. I send an email at MumbaiIV@state.gov but no reply. I haven't received the packet - 4 and according to them they have dispached it on April - 06. Don't know whats going on. May be they are toooooo busy..

vol-ny-balram, did you receive the packet - 4 ???

harru said:
Hi samir,
Could you please tell that whts the consulate phone no you have called and at wht time? As I called them but its always busy.
Thanks
harru.

I am trying to call on this no only, but there is only automated system, I amnot able to talk to a person. Did you talk to some person there or there is some option in automated system which I need to dial?

thanks
harru.

samirgandhi said:
harru,
I called them up on april - 06 to find out my interview date. The numbers are (91-22) 23637407, 23637408. The best time would be between 10 - 11 am india time. Even I am not able to reach them since two days. I send an email at MumbaiIV@state.gov but no reply. I haven't received the packet - 4 and according to them they have dispached it on April - 06. Don't know whats going on. May be they are toooooo busy..

Samir.

I have not received the packet 4 yet. General experience (on cptracker), is that it generally takes 20-30 days before packet is received in US. So we have to wait till the end of this month, for P4.

samirgandhi said:
harru,

Last edited by a moderator:
Medical test: Choosing Hospital

Is there any differnece between hospitals
1. Breach Candy
2. Lilavati
3. Hinduja

Please advice on efficiency, professional attitude, timeliness, and any other factors.

harru,
Initially I did talked to some person and he told me about my interview date. But now its always engaged. There is no option in automated system. It automatically takes you and then a person will pick up the phone. Its like the call center. You call up and then it redirects to some place where it rings couple of times and then some person will pick up the phone.

vol-ny-balram,
I send my father to pick up the interview letters from the general information window. Interestingly they gave the complete packet - 4 to my father. No questions asked. All my father told them is the case number. No authorization letter is required. My father asked about the courier sevice they use to send the packet - 4, but they were reluctant. The only thing person said is "Why you need to worry. Now you got the packet - 4". Looks like they are very bad in the courier service. It seems lot of people don't get the packet-4. So they have to collect it from the counsulate. Atleast they have the facility to collect documents from the counsulate.

harru said:
I am trying to call on this no only, but there is only automated system, I amnot able to talk to a person. Did you talk to some person there or there is some option in automated system which I need to dial?

thanks
harru.

Got Interview date

Finally I was able to get my interview date. Its on May 24th.
I called them yesterday and asked.
Now need to arrange all documents etc. By the way not yet received the P4.Consulate told that they send a couple of days back.
Thx
Harru.

Samir,

I am planning to get my medical done 4-5 days before the interview date and i will pick up the P4 from the consulate.

However, could you please list the documents required any other unusal request in P4 when your father get it from consulate?

Also do you have any preference for the hospital?

samirgandhi said:
harru,
Initially I did talked to some person and he told me about my interview date. But now its always engaged. There is no option in automated system. It automatically takes you and then a person will pick up the phone. Its like the call center. You call up and then it redirects to some place where it rings couple of times and then some person will pick up the phone.

vol-ny-balram,
I send my father to pick up the interview letters from the general information window. Interestingly they gave the complete packet - 4 to my father. No questions asked. All my father told them is the case number. No authorization letter is required. My father asked about the courier sevice they use to send the packet - 4, but they were reluctant. The only thing person said is "Why you need to worry. Now you got the packet - 4". Looks like they are very bad in the courier service. It seems lot of people don't get the packet-4. So they have to collect it from the counsulate. Atleast they have the facility to collect documents from the counsulate.

My interview is on 25th May

Harru,

My interview is on 25th May.

Which hospital are you planning to use for Medical test?

harru said:
Finally I was able to get my interview date. Its on May 24th.
I called them yesterday and asked.
Now need to arrange all documents etc. By the way not yet received the P4.Consulate told that they send a couple of days back.
Thx
Harru.

I also have an interview in Mumbai on Tue, 5/24.

Does anyone know how long it takes after the interview to get the documents/passport back from the embassy?

I am thinking of booking tickets back to the US on Sunday 5/29. Is that a good date or should I extend it to another week?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
vol-ny-balram,
I did the appointment with the breach candy for the medical exams. Thats what everybody is suggesting. There are no unusual request in p4. Here is the link for the P4. It has all the requirements for the documents.

http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwfpackete.pdf

The document required is pretty straight forward.

vol-ny-balram said:
Samir,

I am planning to get my medical done 4-5 days before the interview date and i will pick up the P4 from the consulate.

However, could you please list the documents required any other unusal request in P4 when your father get it from consulate?

Also do you have any preference for the hospital?

vol-ny-balram said:
Is there any differnece between hospitals
1. Breach Candy
2. Lilavati
3. Hinduja

Please advice on efficiency, professional attitude, timeliness, and any other factors.
I went to Hinduja.

From what I have heard Hinduja is more relaxed and easy.

Some factors to consider:
  • Pick Beach Candy if you live near consulate or are going to stay in a hotel near consulate.
  • Hinduja - I found most conv. cause I got my meds done the v. next day I arrived in India (in about few hours of getting out of my AMS-BOM flight). It's almost mid way bet'n consulate. (As I also wanted to go the photo studio).
  • Pick Lilavati if you live in suburbs of Mumbai. If you are not living in Mumbai then there's no point lodging in the suburbs and go to Lilavati.

samirgandhi said:
harru,

vol-ny-balram,
You have to understand the fact, that CP was not designed with people like us in mind. It is more oriented towards people immigrating on family categories.

In India, A lot of people, once they know the interview date they'll just pick up the pkt. in person if it is convinent rather then wait for the mail.

If everything goes well, than you should get the Passport + Visa on the same day. However, a couple of people have mentioned two issues:

1) Finger Printing Machine not working: this could result in 2-3 days delay
2) FBI Name Check: : this could result in 1 week or more delay.

GC-finally said:
I also have an interview in Mumbai on Tue, 5/24.

Does anyone know how long it takes after the interview to get the documents/passport back from the embassy?

I am thinking of booking tickets back to the US on Sunday 5/29. Is that a good date or should I extend it to another week?

Thanks in advance
Harman

Hi,
Does anybody have an idea how long it will take for the consulate to issue an interview date ??

I am AC-140 and my Documents were sent by the lawyers to Mumbai consulate on 4/11 via Int'l Fedex. I belive the Consulate would ahve gotten them on Friday.

vol-ny-balram said:
If everything goes well, than you should get the Passport + Visa on the same day. However, a couple of people have mentioned two issues:

Thanks a lot!! ok so they don't post the passport to your home address any more? I know that used to be the case for H1's...

How long does the medical test take? If I get there in the morning at 7.00 am, will I finish that same day (around 5.00 in the afternoon?) or later?

Also, do they give the medical report on the same day or do I have to go back later to collect it? If I have to go back later - after how many days?

Medical Test

Generally medical test take 4-6 hours, and you may get your result in the same day. However, i have read on this forum that some people have to go next day. And in case of women certain tests can take as long as a week. Also if you had a surgery, than doctor may ask you to provide them with medical documents. I think it is safe to get medical done 1 week prior to interview.

Any other thoughts?

GC-finally said:
Thanks a lot!! ok so they don't post the passport to your home address any more? I know that used to be the case for H1's...

How long does the medical test take? If I get there in the morning at 7.00 am, will I finish that same day (around 5.00 in the afternoon?) or later?

Also, do they give the medical report on the same day or do I have to go back later to collect it? If I have to go back later - after how many days?

Today, NVC's automated system told me that my case at NVC is completed. Huhhhhh...

Now, it high time to get organized and prepare/arrange all the documents. Next couple of days I'll be busy digging in old/current threads collecting all the document requirements....

In the mean time how can I check the status at Mumbai consulate as if they received my case, are they working on it, expected P4 date etc etc...

Thanks!

Hi Averma

When was fee bill generated and when you received it?

After sending the fee bill how long it took to send them P3

Please give me some time line

-- Thanks

Fee bill generated 2nd week Jan
Fee bill received 1st week Feb
Fee sent to St. Louis 18th Feb
P3 (DS-230 Part-I) received 5th April
P3 submitted 14th April

gca2405 said:
Hi Averma

When was fee bill generated and when you received it?

After sending the fee bill how long it took to send them P3

Please give me some time line

-- Thanks

Mr. A,

You have to wait for atleast 20 odd days before you contact the consulate.

1) In 10 days the message will change and it will say that your case is trasfered to consulate.

2) Consulate receives your case in 10 days.

3) If your PD is current, than you should write to them 10-15 days after your case is transfered from NVC.

-----
This information is based on my experience.

averma said:
Today, NVC's automated system told me that my case at NVC is completed. Huhhhhh...

Now, it high time to get organized and prepare/arrange all the documents. Next couple of days I'll be busy digging in old/current threads collecting all the document requirements....

In the mean time how can I check the status at Mumbai consulate as if they received my case, are they working on it, expected P4 date etc etc...

Thanks!