Mumbai: April / May Interview Tracker

Dg2001

DG2001 / Aonflux

email response from Mumbai Consulate:
"We received your case and on January 3 sent packet 3 with interview material
to your address: XXXX NEW YORK. If you have not yet received it, you can download it from our website: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/wwwhforms.html Once we receive the signed form that you have all the required documents, we can schedule an interview date."

Go to the link give in the email and than click on " Packet 3 - Immigration" you would get a pdf file. This pdf file has the checklist for the documents required.

DG2001 said:
I don't think I have been asked to sign any such form. What is this form? Please provide details.

vol-ny-balram said:
DG2001 / Aonflux

to your address: XXXX NEW YORK. If you have not yet received it, you can download it from our website: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/wwwhforms.html Once we receive the signed form that you have all the required documents, we can schedule an interview date."

Go to the link give in the email and than click on " Packet 3 - Immigration" you would get a pdf file. This pdf file has the checklist for the documents required.

Are you an Atttorney I-140 case?

aonflux

aonflux

Yes, my Attorney has filed for I-140, I think you are asking "AC140". I am not going via AC140. Although, my lawyer receives all of the communication from NVC/Consulate.

aonflux said:
Are you an Atttorney I-140 case?

Packet 3 question

After submitting (paying) the fee bill to NVC, who sends the packet 3? NVC or Consulate? And whom should it be returned to?

Its over a month since we submitted the fee but haven't heard any thing since ...

Thanks!

NVC sends the P3. Call on Tele # 603 334 0700 to check your status. It should be retured to NVC. Make sure to copy all the form you send to NVC.

averma said:
After submitting (paying) the fee bill to NVC, who sends the packet 3? NVC or Consulate? And whom should it be returned to?

Its over a month since we submitted the fee but haven't heard any thing since ...

Thanks!

I think this is not relevant anymore as I have an e-mail from consulate about the scheduled interview date and notification about PK-4 being mailed to me and my lawyers.

Were you required to sign this document (assuming you are waiting for an interview date)?

vol-ny-balram said:
DG2001 / Aonflux

My Info.

NVC received P3 on 2/24
NVC processed P3 by 2/28.
NVC send P3 to Mumbai Consulate: 3/10
P3 Entered by Mumbai Consulate:??
P4 Send: ??
Interview Date: ??

Is there anyone whose case was sent to Mumbai Consulate after Feb 28th, 2005 ? And who have got response from Mumbai Consulate about potential May interview dates and P4 sent date?

I have heard pretty conflicting information from the consulate about document checklist. Also that the Consulate is very busy and most likely interview dates for me is June or July.

my case was sent to mumbai consulate on march17th and i sent a mail to mumbai consulate i got the following reply
"For the month of Mar 2005 the cut off date in the E3 category is 01Mar2002. Your priority date 31May2002 is not yet current. When your date is current, you will be scheduled for an interviewed."My PD will become current in the month of May i guess ....

Packet-4 received

EB3-TSC
Mumbai Consulate
NVC Completed PK3 Review: 1/31/2005
Case Sent to Consulate: 2/11/2005
Any new developments / updates/ info :
Interview Date : 4/26/2005
Packet -4 Received from consulate: 3/28/2005

Case Sent to Mumbai (Bombay) Consulate....

PD : 10/22/2001

I-140 Approved : 11/10/2004

NVC Received PK3 :03/14/2005

NVC Completed PK3 Review:03/21/2005

Case Sent to Consulate: 03/30/2005

Any new developments / updates/ info : Nothing Different

Interview Date : ??? (Any Guess?)

ansarianas.

My case was sent to Mumbai Consulate on 03/10/05, i am in EB1 category, i guess my PD is current (hopefully). There is no confirmed date from the consulate, but they indicated May or June. I will email them again in the first week of April. I am not sure of the impact due to PD in your case. But generally consulate take 2-4 months for interview from the "Case Sent to Consulate" date. Presently consulate is very busy and running on low staff, due to sickness.

You may write to consulate around 15th of april, hopefully they will provide you more information.

ansarianas said:
PD : 10/22/2001

I-140 Approved : 11/10/2004

NVC Received PK3 :03/14/2005

NVC Completed PK3 Review:03/21/2005

Case Sent to Consulate: 03/30/2005

Any new developments / updates/ info : Nothing Different

Interview Date : ??? (Any Guess?)

Interview date confirmed

Just got an email from Mumbai Consulate. My P4 was sent on April 7th and Interview is scheduled for May 25. I guess its high time to get organized.

My Info.
PD Status: Current
NVC received P3 on 2/24
NVC processed P3 by 2/28.
NVC send P3 to Mumbai Consulate: 3/10/05
P3 Entered by Mumbai Consulate:3/22/05
P4 Sent by Mumbai Consulate:4/7/05
Medical Date: TBD
Interview Date: 05/25/05
POE: TBD
Welcome letter: TBD
PD: TBD

Last edited by a moderator:
My interview date is May - 02. I called up the mumbai consulate. So now I am waiting for the Packet 4 to arrive. Mine is EB2.

My interview date is May - 02. I called up the mumbai consulate. They have send the P4 on 6th April. So now I am waiting for the Packet 4 to arrive. Mine is EB2.

I guess I am just trying to learn from vol-ny-balram.

My Info.
PD Status: Current
NVC received P3 on 2/15
NVC processed P3 by 2/25.
NVC send P3 to Mumbai Consulate: 3/03/05
P3 Entered by Mumbai Consulate:3/12/05
P4 Sent by Mumbai Consulate:4/6/05
Medical Date: TBD
Interview Date: 05/02/05
POE: TBD
Welcome letter: TBD
PD: TBD

Phone no of consulate

Hi samir,
Could you please tell that whts the consulate phone no you have called and at wht time? As I called them but its always busy.
Thanks
harru.

samirgandhi said:
My interview date is May - 02. I called up the mumbai consulate. So now I am waiting for the Packet 4 to arrive. Mine is EB2.

harru said:
I am joining the April-May forum.
Originallly my interview date was March 21 but asked for another date.
Email from consulate says my interview will be in May.
Consulate will send another Packet 4 in early april.

Case Detail
PD: 12/20/2001
I 140 AD:09/08/2004
I 140 was approved with AOS
Filed I 824 and applied for AC I 140
case reached mumbai in Dec 2004
Case number created Jan'2005
First Interview Letter received Feb 7th 2005

Hello,
I have the same scenario but different dates.
My lawyer fedexed the necessary documents to the Mumbai Consulate. COnsidering it will reach them on Friday, I am projecting an interview date in Jun or Jul.
Also how does one find out about the scheduled date.
I filled out a form that the lawyers had sent and had to enter my email as the beneficiary.

vol-ny-balram said:
DG2001 / Aonflux

I had to sign such a form.
My lawyer sent it to me along with a bunch of other forms to sign.
I am a AC-140 case with a PD of Oct 2001.
My case was sent to the mumbai consulate today ie 4/11