Mumbai AC - I140

Friends,
Mumbai consulate received packet 3 on december 16th. I havent heard from them so far. My rough estimate was that the consulate would take about a week to reply.
Should i call them up and inquire?.
Should end of february should be a aggressive estimate for an interview?.
Any inputs?.

Thanks.

Can AC-140 be done at any time?

CeeBee,

I had opted for CP when applying for I-140. Packet 3 for my case was generated on Dec 23, 2002. I am in process of waiting for Packet 3 to arrive at my attorney's office. My CP interview center is US Emabassy, New Delhi.

Q1: Can I use the AC-140 option by just sending completed packet 3 to US consulate in New Delhi instead of sending it to NVC-Portsmouth?
Q2: Do I need to file for I-824 to do AC-140?
Q3: Does I-824 needs to be approved before doing AC-140 in New Delhi?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends,
Just called up Mumbai consulate, they gave me the case number and asked me to check the web site after Jan15th. The person on the phone told me that interview date anywhere after middle of feb should be expected.
Getting ready for Packet 4.

Any ideas how long is the employment letter valid?. Does the company have to notorize it?.

Thanks.

looks like notarized employment letter is mandatory, and one month from the date of interview should be reasonable timeframe for getting employment letter.

though my thoughts only ....

bsoni,
Is there any way to confirm the validity of the employment letter?.
Is it valid after one month or not?.
Since they are asking for last 3 months pay stubs, shouldnt the same hold true for the employment letter?.

Thanks.

Guys,
Once the consulate receives the packet 3 and they have generated the case number. How long does it take for the packet 4 to be delivered. Is the packet delivered to the attorney or the applicants addresss?.

Thanks.

Case Number

NVC has already generated a case number for my application. Since my interview will be scheduled at US Embassy in New Delhi, my case number is 13 characters (alpha-numberic) long starting with NWD.

My case number as generated by NVC: NWD-2002-XXXXXX

Question: When my Packet 3 reaches US Embassy in New Delhi, will I get a new case number for interview or will I have the same case number already generated by NVC?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: