Multiple Wives on I485 application

Search google.com for Kurdistan

This link points towards Kurdistan regional government
http://www.krg.org/

I don\'t think this persons will lie on country. Making a judgment(whether this pposting is authentic) based on country might be a wrong call.
As others, here is 2 cents

Polygamy is not Legl in UTAH

Polygamy was legal in utah before they joined the union, it was something that was enforced by US federal goverment on UtAH for them to join the union. For every one\'s kind information, the Federal law overrides the same state law, in the event of conflict, but it is another story if they practise or not, I mean there is no way to prosecute some one, since goverment does not go into there homes. Two month\'s ago Attorney general of UTAH has filed a prosecution case against one who went on public television showing his wife\'s and all, so that is being used as evidence against him.

Polygamy is definitely NOT legal ANYWHERE in the US

There\'s something in the US Constitution called the "Supremacy Clause" (federal law trumps state law as stated in the previous post). As a practical matter, people can have multiple "girlfriends/boyfriends" but legally can only have ONE spouse. Being a "girlfriend/boyfriend" does not convey immigration benefits.

Part 2, Question 14, of the I-485 asks "Do you intend to practice Polygamy in the United States?" It seems to me that trying to bring multiple wives with you would clearly necessitate a "yes" answer to this question.

Jim

James D. Mills
(formerly Jim M)
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

Kurdistan not a country, although it should be...

The Kudish people may correctly feel so but the reality is that Kurdistan is not politically recognized, it is a geographical area covering north of Iraq, east of Tukey, North-west of Iran (ok also a tiny fraction of Armenia/Azerbaijan).

for fun, look here: http://www.humanrights.de/~kurdweb/ old map but still pretty.

In any case all of this is just crap. Poligamy is not legal in this country (see the I-485 application as well) and you can bring with you only one wife and as many legal children as you have.

If ibriam is not being frivolous with his post, our problems with GC pale into insignificance compar

He can get around this very easily

All he needs to do is to obtain a legal divorce from wives #2 and #3 as well as custody of all 6 kids before he files 485 and then bring all of them over. next, he divorces #1 in the court and flies back to his homeland to legally marry #2 and sponsor her 485 and bring her in (about 5-8 months). he can then do the same for wife #3 2-4 years down the line, and live happily ever after with his whole family.

PS I dont care to comment on his religious beliefs, but I do believe that this is a position where he has to be fair to all the women who have knowingly married and loved him.

No Title

I think when he refers to his wive\'s meeting
his every whim, he is getting at that they have
been nice to him so he want to be nice to them
and not leave any of them at home.

I don\'t know how you can overcome your
problem. When in Rome does as Romans,
so you either have to stay where you
are and keep all your wives or move
to U.S. and have one wife.