Multiple Valid I-94

E-3 Sufferer

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have E-3 visa stamped from overseas with Employer A.When I entered USA they attached I-94 with my passport which is still valid for 2 years(2010).Another employer filled I-129 for me and I received approval on I-797 with another valid I-94.

Does this means that can I work for Employer A or Employer B anytime (fulltime)?Getting paid/salary from anyone of them (either Employer A or Employer B) will be acceptable in maintaining my E-3 visa status inside US?

Please suggest and comment?

Thanks,

The new 1-94 should have same serial number as the original one. It replaces the old one. I am not familiar with E3 visa, but if it was for H1, it will be considered a transfer and you are supposed to join the new employer and get paid by that new employer.

The new 1-94 should have same serial number as the original one. It replaces the old one. I am not familiar with E3 visa, but if it was for H1, it will be considered a transfer and you are supposed to join the new employer and get paid by that new employer.

But I heard you can work for multiple employers on H1B or E-3 visa.How they do that?

I have not personally seen anyone actually do it, but this is what I have read on the forums etc. as it relates to H1; you can file for another PART-TIME H1 (not sure how to actually specify it on the application form). Then you maintain your fulltime H1 by working 40 hours on it and work part-time on your second H1. A good lawyer should be able to show you how to actually do it.

Somebody DID Change of Employer Here?

I have not personally seen anyone actually do it, but this is what I have read on the forums etc. as it relates to H1; you can file for another PART-TIME H1 (not sure how to actually specify it on the application form). Then you maintain your fulltime H1 by working 40 hours on it and work part-time on your second H1. A good lawyer should be able to show you how to actually do it.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

When another employer (Employer B) submit I-129 and obtains I-797 (notice of approval) with new I-94. Do USCIS cancel the Employer A (LCA) or it remains valid until the Employer A ask/request to cancel it (E-3 Visa)?

How does it work?

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

When another employer (Employer B) submit I-129 and obtains I-797 (notice of approval) with new I-94. Do USCIS cancel the Employer A (LCA) or it remains valid until the Employer A ask/request to cancel it (E-3 Visa)?

How does it work?

Thanks,

It stays valid until canceled by Emp A.
Not that it is a good thing to do, but I have seen people getting transfer approved and not joining the new employer. They kept on working for previous emp.