Multiple Labors - NEED HELP !

innovative

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have completed 4.5yrs of my stay in US as of Nov-06.

I was with company X and they had applied Labor for me in Jan-05 in RIR. I left company X in Jun-06 and joined Company Y. Now Company Y is not applying my Labor at this point due to some issues. Though I am employed by Company Y my old Company X is willing to apply another Labor in PERM so that I can file for an extension.

Questions: :confused:
1. Is is possible for me to continue to work with Company Y while Company X gets my GC Processing going?

2. Do I need to become an employee of Company X again? If yes - when is that required to change.

3. If Company Y also agrees to apply for my Labor in PERM what are there any issues? They do not have the information that Company X is also applying in PERM for me.

4. I just have 1.5yrs left to complete my 6yr slot. What are my options.

I am not sure about many rules. If someone knowledgeable can share some information I would really appreciate it.

Thanks-

... See Inline

innovative said:
Hi,

I have completed 4.5yrs of my stay in US as of Nov-06.

I was with company X and they had applied Labor for me in Jan-05 in RIR. I left company X in Jun-06 and joined Company Y. Now Company Y is not applying my Labor at this point due to some issues. Though I am employed by Company Y my old Company X is willing to apply another Labor in PERM so that I can file for an extension.

Questions: :confused:
1. Is is possible for me to continue to work with Company Y while Company X gets my GC Processing going?
... Yes

2. Do I need to become an employee of Company X again? If yes - when is that required to change.
... No. But that's good idea once you get your LC approved.

3. If Company Y also agrees to apply for my Labor in PERM what are there any issues? They do not have the information that Company X is also applying in PERM for me.
... No issue. You can have multiple LC pending at any given time.

4. I just have 1.5yrs left to complete my 6yr slot. What are my options.
... File you LC now and apply for extension after 18 months

I am not sure about many rules. If someone knowledgeable can share some information I would really appreciate it.

Thanks-

Thanks for your response.

... No. But that's good idea once you get your LC approved.

Can Company X go ahead with my I-140/485 while I am still employed by Company Y? If Company Y tried to apply for 1-140 is it a problem?
Basically can 2 companies file for my Green Card at the same time?

If No - then at what point it stops?

Thanks-
:confused:

Yes. Two company can file 140. And, you don't have to work for them till you get your GC.

But, if you are working with the sponsor at time of I-140/485 petition, it's easier to respond to RFE/query etc.