Multiple i-485

zoot

My company law firm recently filed employment based I-485. My wife will be getting the citizenship certificate this month. Is it possible to file a second I-485 based on my wife since marriage based I-485 should be a lot faster than employment based I-485.

Thanks!

zoot said:
My company law firm recently filed employment based I-485. My wife will be getting the citizenship certificate this month. Is it possible to file a second I-485 based on my wife since marriage based I-485 should be a lot faster than employment based I-485.

Thanks!

You can do that. You have to file I-130 and I-485. Timings of I-485 depend upon your local office. Other problem if you are married for less then two years you will get a conditional GC. Again after two years you have to apply for removal condition.

Advantage is you can apply for citizenship after three years.

AOS vs. CP

Although you can submit multiple applications for gc, you can not file multiple I-485. Make the second application for CP (consulate processing) and you will be fine.

Re: AOS vs. CP

Thanks to both pras, tammy for prompt response. I was about to ask if the new I-485 would cancel the original I-485. pras answered that question. I just hope that there will be no complication or extra long delay in CP.

zoot said:
Thanks to both pras, tammy for prompt response. I was about to ask if the new I-485 would cancel the original I-485. pras answered that question. I just hope that there will be no complication or extra long delay in CP.

You do not have to apply for CP.You can apply for another I-485 along with I-130. Applying the Family based I-485 will not cancel Employment based I-485.

But for some reasons i prefer to go with Emplyment based GC If you do not have any other problems.

pras01 said:
Although you can submit multiple applications for gc, you can not file multiple I-485. Make the second application for CP (consulate processing) and you will be fine.

It's OK to file multiple I-485 as long as underlying immigration pertitions are different (I140 or I130).
Where did you get the information that marriage based I485 is faster? It's likely that your EB I-485 will be approved long before your FB I-485. However, considering the other factors like job stability, economy, it's not a bad idea to file FB I-485 too.

I have an existing I485 application(future employment) pending with I140 cleared.
Can i apply another 140 with current company(another GC application, labour cleared, 7th year extension is due) . Is this possible ?
Also, at what time i should apply I485, do i need to withdraw the future employment application at that time ?
Any other suggestions ?

ijyk99 said:
I have an existing I485 application(future employment) pending with I140 cleared.
Can i apply another 140 with current company(another GC application, labour cleared, 7th year extension is due) . Is this possible ?

--YES
Also, at what time i should apply I485,
-------- if PD is current you can file second I-485 with I-140 if PD is not current then employer file only I-140
do i need to withdraw the future employment application at that time ?
----------- dont withdraw the I-485 that is pending that may have early PD
Any other suggestions ?
** dont forget to write your A# on new I-140

Ginnu, thanks for your response, i have a few more clarifications.
My PD date with current employer(PD:Feb 2003) is earlier than the one with future employment (Oct 2003).

"** dont forget to write your A# on new I-140"
Is this the A# from my future employment green card ? If so why is this required, coz both are 2 seperate applications, right ?

Thank you,

ijyk99 said:
Ginnu, thanks for your response, i have a few more clarifications.
My PD date with current employer(PD:Feb 2003) is earlier than the one with future employment (Oct 2003).

"** dont forget to write your A# on new I-140"
Is this the A# from my future employment green card ? If so why is this required, coz both are 2 seperate applications, right ?
------------ you can write the earlier I-485 A# on second I-485. A# belogns to YOU not to employer A or B.

Thank you,

what is biographic page

Which page in the passport is the biographic page(s)?

Some one please tell me.

saabu said:
Which page in the passport is the biographic page(s)?

Some one please tell me.

Those pages where some thing like your name/ adddress etc written. In Case of Indian Passport(I know it becouse i am from India) first three pages and last two pages.