Multiple 485s: Marriage Based 485 application while Employement Based 485 is Pending

I think you should write back and say the local office has already made the request, if you know the date it was made, write it there, that all you are doing is following up to ensure that the request is honored so that you can get a decision on your fb case. I also got one of those letters in response to a call I had made in May, but I ignored it because I was already making progress with emails. You should take an infopass to request that the local office make the request again, if all these don't work, pls contact your congressman.

Congratulations newid... We're all moving along gr8... an update on my husband's case... CARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong and tiring journey to get this in our hands... but it's well worth it... thank u all for giving us hope during the waiting process... good luck to every1 and i hope that you have the card in ur hands soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon... will keep checking the posts...
next step... 3 yrs later... his citizenship... i should change my user id to citizenship2013... lol... good luck all

Thanks everybody! for the best wishes!!! Appreciate all the support.

Citizenship2009, Congratulations on receiving card!!

Beintouch4ever, it is the ebupdate folks that helped with my case, while the nscfollowup folks just told me that I should open an SR and wait atleast 30 days before contacting the nscfollowup email id. The ebupdate folks transferred my case 8 days after I sent the email. Hope this helps.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks TKD, newid123. I wrote an email to ebupdate addr as well. I have also taken an infopass apt next week. Do they allow to talk to IO officer who took my interview at the infopass?

I took an infopass appt. last month, and they told me that they are waiting for some info from the other office. This time i am planning to ask them to allow me to talk to IO officer.

My timeline:
EB3 pending since Jun 2006.
12/10/2009 - FB application sent(131, 485) , Spouse was on GC when I applied 130 but she is USC now.
03/30/2010 - Interview date - Newark,NJ
05/10/2010 - Biometrics done, IO requested at the interview

I am not sure if they can honor a request to talk to your particular IO. However, they should be able to tell you something concrete about your case. Let them know that you had tried to follow up with TSC and it appeared as if the request for transfer had not been iniytiated by your local office. However, I think EBupdate will make sure your case in transferred.

I am not sure if they can honor a request to talk to your particular IO. However, they should be able to tell you something concrete about your case. Let them know that you had tried to follow up with TSC and it appeared as if the request for transfer had not been iniytiated by your local office. However, I think EBupdate will make sure your case in transferred.

Thanks TKD For your response.

I just got the card Production Email...yay!!!! Thanks everyone, I really felt a lot of comfort from this forum!

Congratulations TKD

Got Biometrics done today.

Time line:

DO: Boston
EB I-485 : Dec' 2005 (Derivative)

Applied for FB (Spouse of USC)

07/08/10 - Receipt Notices I485/I-130/I-765/I-131
07/14/10 - Letter of Biometrics scheduled on 07/27
07/19/10 - Biometrics done in BOS
Online status update but same message

Congrats TKD!!!!!

My update - I went to infopass in newark,NJ. Luckily, I met the same IO who did my interview at the window. I explained her my situation, showed her the document which she gave me on my interview date.

She just said we are waiting for another file from another office - I asked her what file - before she said anything i asked is it my employment based - she said yes!
Again, after looking into her system she said we are waiting for your familiy based petition (I-130) which i applied in Aug 2005, when my wife was on greencard. I told her it was approved back then only. She also looked confused whether it was employment based or my family based petition which i applied initially in aug 2005.

At the end, she said i will make the request again. If you dont hear anything back with in 3 weeks, make another infopass.

My timeline:
08/30/2005 - Applied I130, (Wife was GC)
12/10/2009 - FB application sent(131, 485) , (Wife is USC)

Last edited by a moderator:
TKD, new id123,

Regarding the email which i sent to EBupdate@TSC on 13th Jul, I still have not received any response. Do they normally respond to the email or they just do the work in background.

Also, I got an email from NSCfollowup, that they will process only requests from the local office, and at this time your file still remains with this office as it is pending because the visa in not currently available.

Not sure what to do? Please advice.

Thanks!!

My timeline:

The ebupdate people did not reply me, except for the auto response I received when I sent the mail. but I tracked the email and saw that they read it 4 days after I sent t. However, I got the transfer notice exactly one week after the email was read.

TKD, new id123,

Regarding the email which i sent to EBupdate@TSC on 13th Jul, I still have not received any response. Do they normally respond to the email or they just do the work in background.

Also, I got an email from NSCfollowup, that they will process only requests from the local office, and at this time your file still remains with this office as it is pending because the visa in not currently available.

Not sure what to do? Please advice.

Thanks!!

My timeline:

Beintouch4ever,
TSC's EBupdate folks didn't respond back to me. They transferred my case 8 days after I emailed them.
07/01/10 - sent email to TSC's EBupdate
07/08/10 - got the read receipt
07/09/10 - TSC transferred my EB case to Newark, NJ
07/10/10 - LUD on EB case regarding the transfer. Didn't get an email thoough. Just happened to login to the uscis.gov and noticed the change in LUD and it also said that they transferred my case to Newark, NJ.

My advice is to wait atleast 1 more week before pursuing other options (opening an SR/ email the ebupdate folks again/ emailing local senators or congressmen/???)

I received an email on July 1st stating that my files were transferred. Haven't heard anything yet from my local office. I have taken an InfoPass to follow-up (next week). How long you (who got their GC after the transfer) had to wait after the transfer? Did you see any updates on you USCIS case on-line?

I received an email on July 1st stating that my files were transferred. Haven't heard anything yet from my local office. I have taken an InfoPass to follow-up (next week). How long you (who got their GC after the transfer) had to wait after the transfer? Did you see any updates on you USCIS case on-line?

A week after my case got transferred, IO who interviewed us gave me a call on my cell and left a voice mail stating that he received the other file and he is approving my application.
Yes, I saw updates on USCIS online and I received CPO email, text message.

But this depends on the processing speed of the local office. Infopass appt should help with your case.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Newid is right, it depends on the office. I did not see any updates when my file got transferred to baltimore from NBC (I saw one when my file moved from TSC to NBC though). I went to the local office and was told that my case will be concluded during the weekend. All the best!

Meanwhile, I just received a second CPO email....

Infopass no luck...they said the files are not yet transferred. The online status shows as I485 has been transferred but the IO said they are still waiting on the Alien Registeration File from TSC...not sure if they one and the same.

Quick question to all you had Employment based 485 and Family based 485 pending. Did you work during those time - if yes, did you use the EAD of family based 485 when you EB based 485 was pending?

TKD, Newid - on what status did you work? I am still on my H1B but I do have my EAD when I filed employment based and I also have the family based EAD.

Your case sounds pretty complicated. You should probably contact an attorney. I hear that Avvo is a really good website for finding immigration attorneys. You should check it out! I hope it helps!