MTR Time

you should file with vsc and followup with local congressman to expedite the process.

Mine took 40 days.

good luck
my local office denied my father's I-485 b/c he did not show to the interview b/c they sent the notice to the wrong address and he did not know he had an interview.

No we have 20 days left to file the MTR but my local office is telling me that i have to file with them, AND that it takes over 2 years to get the case re-opened. We can't wait that long before my dad can work again.

Please tell us (especially those of you who got good response times on your MTR) where did you file it? In vermont or in your local office?

Thanks,
eve

you should file with vsc and followup with local congressman to expedite the process.

Mine took 40 days.

good luck

ok. thanks. after reading the forum it seams to be the smart thing to do. especially since my local philly office is telling me they have a wait of 2+ years. I think that they are sitting on the paperwork here while the Vermont office is processing theirs.

Do you know if my father can re-enter on his AP at this time? The agents here in Philly said that he can b/c the database at the airport will not be updated for many many moths, but they advised against it in case this gives the USCIC office a reason to deny him again later on.

But is this true? Are you not supposed to re-enter with your AP if you get denied? How else could you appeal with the MTR then?

thanks to everyone,
eve

Mtr

Im still wating on our I-485 MTR, its been 11 months at the locat CT office.

Good LUCK! YOu should just get married to a citizen or wait for the IMMIGRATION REFORM if that goes thru. "Z visa".

I am stuck just like you.

I sent mt MTR today

I send it to the Vermont office b/c after reading some other posts on the forum here I realized that some people's cases have been moved to their local offices, but I never received a notice from USCIS that mine has been moved.

So following that logic i sent it to Vermont and hopefully it will get processed faster this way.

I'll also try and contact our congressman although I don't know they will have time for me.

congress/senator

Its a waste of time to contact these officials. All they do is contact the USCIS on your behalf and they get the same answer that the case is pending.

They cannot expidite your case or anything or apply pressure to the USCIS.

But I do encourage you to go to your congress person. It doesnt hurt to try. You might have better luck than me.:rolleyes:

Does anyone know or have had success with a writ Mandamus.

My lawyer suggested it. We have been waiting on Motion to Reconsider for an i-485 denial. Its been 12monts and no answers. I have contacted Congress rep. and the USCIS Obnumbus. They all said i should recieve a answer but we have not.