MTR Time

newkid, please have a look

Hi, Newkid,

can you please respond to my question?

Is it the G325A that triggered the employment history problem? Or is it some other paperwork? I remember there is no place to fill out employment history in the 485 form. Thank you so much for your answer.

If you are interested in knowing some more information about MTR, I have a friend who had the MTR experience (suceeded in the end). I will get more information from him and get back to you. You can also send me private message. Please, let's help each other.

allaboutgc

newkid said:
When did your MTR finally got approved ? How many months ? Did your lawyer asked you to work while MTR was applied using your valid EAD ?

Does anyone know what is the maximum time MTR has taken ?

Thanks,

Hi allaboutgc,

Sorry for not replying to your question earlier.

Well after reviewing the actual notice and my case, the lawyers think its most
likely paper bungle :) So it may have nothing to do with employment history
or company merger or absence of AC21...

MTR was filed about 3 weeks ago , so now I have to wait and watch...

Would appreciate your friends' email address (who had filed MTR). I am interested in finding out if/how MTR processing can be expediated.

Thanks,

MTR normally take 30-60 days depending on the case. Mine got approved 45 days and I 485 got re-opened.

Hello lifesuks,
So did your MTR open in 45 days or your 485 got approved in 45 days ?

Also were you able to look up your case on uscis.gov using the receipt no. for MTR ? For me, the receipt no. is still not available in system (after 3 wks )

Thanks,

Hello,
Its been 70+ days since my MTR was filed and still no response...

Did any one file 290B ?

Is there any difference in time frame between filing 290A and 290B ?

Since I dont have H1B, I only have until July end . Is there a way to expediate the processing ? Can lawyer call and do this ?

Thanks,

i-290B still waiting 9 MONTHS!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

My I-485 was denied in June 2006.

I-290B was sent in June 2006.

NO ANSWER TO THIS DATE, 9 months have passed.

No answer from INFOPASS. "Please wait sir"

-Finally contacted local congress office, and they got the same answer:confused: .

- Contacted CIS Ombudsman, they made inquiry Feb 2007, and they said I should recieve answer in 45 days, if not I still have to wait.

The immigration system is BROKEN :mad:

Sorry to hear about your case . Must be really hard 9 months. I can relate to that.

Well for me nothing moved for about 3 months and since I had no other visa, I was supposed to leave the country in about a month. That's when I contacted the local congress woman's office and they were very helpful. They listented to me patiently, got all the information, called their contact in USCIS and the case was approved in about 15 days .

I wish you very best of luck and hope your ordeal is over soon,

Motion to Reopen

Sorry to hear about your case . Must be really hard 9 months. I can relate to that.

Well for me nothing moved for about 3 months and since I had no other visa, I was supposed to leave the country in about a month. That's when I contacted the local congress woman's office and they were very helpful. They listented to me patiently, got all the information, called their contact in USCIS and the case was approved in about 15 days .

I wish you very best of luck and hope your ordeal is over soon,

Hello ,

I am also in the same situation as my family based I-485 denied due to abandoment. i filed the MTR 3 weeks back and waiting for the reply from USCIS. I am checking is i am eligible to work after I-485 is denied. I was working using EAD. or do i need to take unpaid leave for months. Please update me with ur thoughts. how long it will take to process the MTR. Is it a good idea to contact local congressman/women now or i need to wait for some more time. Please help me with ur thoughts,

My email id is eabraham06@yahoo.com.

EAD issue

My denail I-485 stated that my EAD was cancelled. USCIS office and my attorney stated the same.

I then left my job last october.

Now forced to work illegally!!!! and no more money for USA TAX.

SO i guess the USCIS really screwed themselves by doing this to me.:eek:

MTR processing time differs from case to case. In my case, it took almost 3 months.

Per my understanding, you can work if you dont have H1, after 485 denial. But I recommend you talk to a good lawyer.

Yes please goto your local congressmen/women. It really helped in my case.

Wish you all very best!

Remember all this will be over someday, hopefully soon ...

Sorry I meant to say in earlier email, you CANT work if you DONT have H1 after 485 denial. I had to stop working until my 485 was approved.

Sorry I meant to say in earlier email, you CANT work if you DONT have H1 after 485 denial. I had to stop working until my 485 was approved.

newkid, so after 90 days you had to wait again for ead renewal or when they opened case they sent you ead.

in my case i unfortunately filed my eads/aps and after 2 weeks they sent me denial notice that i don't work for the company that filed 140. it is a mistake, but subsequently all my eads/aps renewal also got denied.

Now if they take 90 days to open case, does it mean i had to wait another 60 days to get ead ???

pls. advice

My EAD was valid for another 6 months when I got my denial, but as per my lawyer, when 485 is denied, you cant work on EAD . Your EAD is considered canceled, since it was filed based on a pending 485 application. Sometime USCIS will send cancellation notice for EAD when 485 is denied , sometimes they wont (they didnot send me one) but the bottom line is , EAD is no longer valid.

When my denial was approved, I got my green card, so didnot need another EAD .

Please note, I am not a lawyer and dont know much about these subjects. I am simply sharing my experience, you should contact a qualified lawyer ASAP.

Wish you best of luck,

newkid,
do you know if i need to file mtr separate for my spouse or you just file one mtr that takes care of all dependednts also

thanks

My EAD was valid for another 6 months when I got my denial, but as per my lawyer, when 485 is denied, you cant work on EAD . Your EAD is considered canceled, since it was filed based on a pending 485 application. Sometime USCIS will send cancellation notice for EAD when 485 is denied , sometimes they wont (they didnot send me one) but the bottom line is , EAD is no longer valid.

Please note, I am not a lawyer and dont know much about these subjects. I am simply sharing my experience, you should contact a qualified lawyer ASAP.

Wish you best of luck,

Same problem with my father's I-485

MTR normally take 30-60 days depending on the case. Mine got approved 45 days and I 485 got re-opened.

Can you tell me if you sent the MTR to the Vermont office or you brought it to your local office?

I have 20 days left to file the MTR but my local office in Philadelphia is telling me that i have to bring it to them and that there are people in front of me waiting for their cases to re-open for over 2 years. They told me to start the process all over again, that it will be faster instead of waiting several years for the case to re-open.

But the times you are quoting with the Vermont office are great. Should i mail it to them or bring it in the Philly office? What did you do?

Thanks,
eve

Did you have to do anything after your MTR was approved?

Wish you best of luck,

Hi,

you answered my biggest question of whether the work permit can still be used while waiting for the MTR to kick in. This sucks.

But my other concern is that when they re-open the case, we'll have to file for a work permit and pay the fees again? Or repeat any other steps such as the finger printing and medical exam.

Did you have to re-do any of the steps when they re-opened your case? And since the work permit is not valid, I'm assuming that means you can't get a SS# with it at this point, right?

thanks,
eve

Please tell us where you filed your MTR

my local office denied my father's I-485 b/c he did not show to the interview b/c they sent the notice to the wrong address and he did not know he had an interview.

No we have 20 days left to file the MTR but my local office is telling me that i have to file with them, AND that it takes over 2 years to get the case re-opened. We can't wait that long before my dad can work again.

Please tell us (especially those of you who got good response times on your MTR) where did you file it? In vermont or in your local office?

Thanks,
eve

newkid,
i saw message change for me to 485 reopened and reviewing our old decision and review should be completed in 30 days.

Did you get the same message and what did they send you in 30 days.

Thanks

Wish you best of luck,