MTR Time

After filing MTR 485 approved

My MTR is filed on last week of Feb 2005. 485 got reopend on 5/2/2005 and approved on 5/9/2005. Reason for denial unknown. Probable reason might be INS thought I was out of status when I-485 is filed

pras01 said:
Desiladka,
did you get your EAD renewed? Good luck!

My EAD will expired on 7/10. My MTR is not opened yet. I have started getting scared now. If they process my EAD, I guess they will deny it. I have no clue what will I do. Don't know what will happen to my job. I just pray they approve my MTR before processing EAD. OR approve 485 itself.

NYRaj said:
My MTR is filed on last week of Feb 2005. 485 got reopend on 5/2/2005 and approved on 5/9/2005. Reason for denial unknown. Probable reason might be INS thought I was out of status when I-485 is filed

I seems to me that they took around 2 months to open/approve your case. Do you think you could possibly post the exact details on your MTR Receipt date and your MTR/485 approval dates?

Did you have any LUD changes after appllying MTR and before approval of MTR/485?

Would really appredciate as much details if you could provide.

I am reallly getting crazy and sad now since didn't see any LUD on MTR. The receipt date is 23rd March. My EAD expired on 7/10. I have applied for renewal EAD but if they process it before approving MTR, they will deny it and I will loose my job. Have no clue what to do and how to handle this thing. Don't understand if I have any other options besides praying.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Be strong

although there's nothing I can help but I still want you to know my prayer is with you . desiladka ,be good and sound and everything will be fine soon . :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Layperson said:
Alought there's nothing I can help but I still want you to know my prayer is with you . desiladka ,be good and sound and everything will be fine soon . :)

Layperson,

That is also very helpful right now. All I need right now is prayers and good wishes. What had to be done from my part has already been taken care in the best way possible. Now the only thing is patience and prayers.

Thanks again for it.

Here are the details.
MTR Received date Feb 18, 2005
MTR Notice Date Feb 25, 2005
I-485 Reopen Date May 2, 2005
I-485 Approval Date May 9, 2005
LUD changed on I-485 and MTR (I-290A) only once on May 2, 2005

Hope this helps

NYRaj said:
Here are the details.
MTR Received date Feb 18, 2005
MTR Notice Date Feb 25, 2005
I-485 Reopen Date May 2, 2005
I-485 Approval Date May 9, 2005
LUD changed on I-485 and MTR (I-290A) only once on May 2, 2005

Hope this helps

NYRaj,

Thanks a lot for providing me all the details. I guess my time is not due yet if I compare it with your timings. I guess I just need to have some more patience.

Thanks again.

Hi, NYRaj:

Did you use any form for your MTR ?
My attorney just sent my Motion to Reopen with fee by writing a letter titled with Motion to Reopen/Reconsider. I wonder if I can expect to receive a notice and case number ? how about your case ? There is no I-290A form in USCIS webpage for MTR, some people use I-290B instead. Thanks,

liangliang said:
desiladka,

Did you receive anything for you MTR?

No, Nothing. As of today, its 1 day over 2 months. I am really sick and tired of this now. I have no clue what to do.

prayers

DesiLadka, my prayers are with you. I have a question. Did your lawyer suggest refiling I-485 because then you would qualify for another EAD? Is it possible to file a new I-485 while the MTR is pending? Once your denied I-485 is reopened, doesn't it become pending again and so qualifies for EAD? I am worried sick about denial myself. You can see my details in my signature.

desiladka

Here are the criteria for expedite request from the USCIS website: The USCIS error, severe financial loss after 7/10/05 criteria should qualify for an expedite request of your I-485 file to be reopened and adjudicated.

"All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Service Center Director. The criteria are as follows:

Severe financial loss to company or individual.

Extreme emergent situation.

Humanitarian situation.

Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States.

Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government.)
USCIS error.

Compelling interest of USCIS.
If a response to the expedite request is not received within 72 hours, the request is denied. The application or petition will then undergo normal processing."

Now my MTR has been filed since more then 60 days. Actually 64 days top be precise. I am really very worried and upset. My EAD is also going to expired in 7/10/2005. I am really concerned whats goin to happen.

Anybody who has filed for MTR waiting for more then 60days? Anybody who filed MTR took them more then 60-65 days?

Thanks

pras01 said:
DesiLadka, my prayers are with you. I have a question. Did your lawyer suggest refiling I-485 because then you would qualify for another EAD? Is it possible to file a new I-485 while the MTR is pending? Once your denied I-485 is reopened, doesn't it become pending again and so qualifies for EAD? I am worried sick about denial myself. You can see my details in my signature.

My lawyer has not suggested to refile 485/EAD.

When did your MTR finally got approved ? How many months ? Did your lawyer asked you to work while MTR was applied using your valid EAD ?

Does anyone know what is the maximum time MTR has taken ?

Thanks,