MTR Status

MTR: 485 Re-opened

What does it mean right now that 485 has been re-opned?

Does it mean that all the denial conditions have been removed? OR Does it mean they will see what they can do now? OR Does it mean that some denial conditions are removed and there could be new reasons to deny it again?

OR does it mean that it has to be approved now since they already denied for some reasons, and now no reasons exist.

Please let me know if anybody knows the answers?

Thanks

MTR status Doesnot matter Now

You are eligible for all (A.P/EAD) as long as 485 is in pending status now. Just forget about MTR status.

Your 485 is waiting to get approved anytime now. Because they checked almost everything while opening the case. So there is nothing more to check except to approve your 485 anytime now.

Good Luck

Oh !!! thanks!!! thats what I wanted to hear :) Feel good

me_mygc_mylife said:
You are eligible for all (A.P/EAD) as long as 485 is in pending status now. Just forget about MTR status.

Your 485 is waiting to get approved anytime now. Because they checked almost everything while opening the case. So there is nothing more to check except to approve your 485 anytime now.

Good Luck

hi desiladka
hi what happened to ur case i had been following .Mine too is in the same boat .

Hey Desiladka

Congratulations again.
Now if you do not get EAD in time (Which I believe you will do) You can go to local CIS for interim card after 90 days.

No luck for me. After LUD changed on 5/27. No message change. Probably it is a denial.

Please help

Desiladka,

Congragulations.

All,

Looks like desiladka got an RFE on EVL/W2/Paystubs, and got a straight denial for status reasons after the RFE was responded.

I am now worried. There is actually a discrepancy in the bio info submitted by the lawyer which I did not catch before. I joined company X in Dec 98 after H1 approval and worked till June 00. The lawyer has put Dec 99 as start date for the company X, leaving a gaping hole of 1 year. I was expecting an RFE on that issue but the RFE sent had only EVL/W2/Paystubs request, and did not mention status.

I am now getting worried that after RFE response, they might send a straight denial based on the status issue.

Do you think that I should proactively send a clarification to USCIS on this issue to pre-empt a denial ?

Thanks in advance for all your help and support.

Akatu,

Please don't loose hopes. Don't give up. Also find out all other options incase if it is denial. Are you currently working on EAD? Do you have any other status? Do you think you can switch to other status? Did you consider re-filing 485/EAD?

Let me know if I can provide you with any more information that may be helpful to you. My best wishes is with you.

Thanks

akatu said:
Congratulations again.
Now if you do not get EAD in time (Which I believe you will do) You can go to local CIS for interim card after 90 days.

No luck for me. After LUD changed on 5/27. No message change. Probably it is a denial.

I think you have nothing to worry about. Was the RFE asking you the W2's for the year in question? If it was and if you sent the w2's they asked for, nothing to worry about. Just relax and sleep well.

Let me know if you would like me to provide you any information about my case.

Thanks

Sugee said:
Desiladka,

Congragulations.

All,

Looks like desiladka got an RFE on EVL/W2/Paystubs, and got a straight denial for status reasons after the RFE was responded.

I am now worried. There is actually a discrepancy in the bio info submitted by the lawyer which I did not catch before. I joined company X in Dec 98 after H1 approval and worked till June 00. The lawyer has put Dec 99 as start date for the company X, leaving a gaping hole of 1 year. I was expecting an RFE on that issue but the RFE sent had only EVL/W2/Paystubs request, and did not mention status.

I am now getting worried that after RFE response, they might send a straight denial based on the status issue.

Do you think that I should proactively send a clarification to USCIS on this issue to pre-empt a denial ?

Thanks in advance for all your help and support.

desiladka said:
I think you have nothing to worry about. Was the RFE asking you the W2's for the year in question? If it was and if you sent the w2's they asked for, nothing to worry about. Just relax and sleep well.

Let me know if you would like me to provide you any information about my case.

Thanks

Desiladka,

No, the RFE asked for W2 only for 2004. Not for 98/99. And thank you very much for the offer to provide info.

Thanks.

If they did not ask, nothing to worry about. My case was denied due to mistakes by attorney, not once, not twice, but several times.

Sugee said:
Desiladka,

No, the RFE asked for W2 only for 2004. Not for 98/99. And thank you very much for the offer to provide info.

Thanks.

harapatta2005 said:
Hi Desiladka,

can u pls tell what mistakes were made by your attorney.

Mistakes were made on the labour application. Then mistakes were made in the 485 application. Documents they requesed in the RFE were not sent.

Desiladka, that was a good news

desiladka said:
My case has been transferred to Newark office. :(
Your case will be handled with real person in front of you that you can sort out all discrepences in your case and finish the deal.
Good luck.

akatu said:
Your case will be handled with real person in front of you that you can sort out all discrepences in your case and finish the deal.
Good luck.

Akatu,

Thanks for your message. What you said makes sense to me now. But now another wait for a long time, I guess maybe 1 year for an interview to be scheduled. Thats whats killing me. :mad:

What happened about your case? Did you see any further LUD changes? Any status message change? What do you plan to do now?

B.t.w, when was your MTR sent?

Thanks

My MRT was sent 4/7

LUD 4/8, 4/11, 4/12, 5/27
No message change. Something is going on...

Waiting now.

akatu said:
LUD 4/8, 4/11, 4/12, 5/27
No message change. Something is going on...

Waiting now.

Definitely something is going on. Don't worry, you will get a positive result.

Desiladka

Once your file arrives in Newark, you can go there and get your EAD renewed. Check for the interview back-log in Newark. If it is a couple of months, then it may not be too bad. It is also easier for you to go and get an emergency AP. Besides, they can not deny your case without calling you in for an interview. You should be OK. Good luck. My case is stuck in Boston that has a 1 year long waiting for interview. By the way, I was told that at the local office , the line for interview starts from the day they receive the actual A# file.