MSc from India = US MS?

GIC

Registered Users (C)
Here is my situation: My case was applied for EB2 three years ago based on an educational evaluation that equated my MSc in India to US MS. Now I do hear a lot of noise about NSC sending RFEs for such cases during I-140.

My lawyer conducted an evaluation again and the same evaluator who equated my credentials to an MS declines to do so now (wonder what changed from then and now!!!).

My labor states in column 14 in ETA750: "Masters or equivalent" and in column 15 states: "A properly conducted education evaluation will be accepted".

My university provides mark sheets with credit hours and I clearly calculated my bachelors = 150 hrs and Masters = 80 hrs way above the requirements in US.

My lawyer says this could get into a RFE for EB2 but would sail through fine under EB3.

Please provide your expertise.

Thanks in advance.

GIC

It's equival to US masters if you have 4 year Bachelors degree.

GIC said:
Here is my situation: My case was applied for EB2 three years ago based on an educational evaluation that equated my MSc in India to US MS. Now I do hear a lot of noise about NSC sending RFEs for such cases during I-140.

My lawyer conducted an evaluation again and the same evaluator who equated my credentials to an MS declines to do so now (wonder what changed from then and now!!!).

My labor states in column 14 in ETA750: "Masters or equivalent" and in column 15 states: "A properly conducted education evaluation will be accepted".

My university provides mark sheets with credit hours and I clearly calculated my bachelors = 150 hrs and Masters = 80 hrs way above the requirements in US.

My lawyer says this could get into a RFE for EB2 but would sail through fine under EB3.

First have meet labor requirements then you can choose any EB catogery.

Thanks in advance.

GIC

Eb3-3yrs Bachelors

GIC said:

Thanks in advance.

GIC

Nsc-i140

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Have Some Problems In I-140. Mine Is 3yrs Bach+1yr Diploma Degree, Professional Job As Analyst, Eb3 Category. I Am From From Maryland So Vsc Is Center. My Lawyer Called Me That File Is Ready To Go But Vsc, Tsc And Csc Are Not Excepting Any I-140 Now, They Has To Be File At Nsc. But Nsc Is Very Strict And They Are Denying For 3yrsbach Degree In Professional Job. So I Don't Know What To Do? Any Ideas? Any One Like Mine Case? Please Let Me Know.

IS (INDIA) 3YRS BACHELORS DEGREE IS FINE AS PROFESSIONAL JOB FOR I-140. LABOR IS PASSED ON THIS BASED. WILL I-140 AND 485 WILL GIVE PROBLEMS FOR MY CASE? ANY RESPONSE IS APPRECIATED.

my understanding

If your Masters degree evaluation ALONE says that it is equal to US masters degree, then it should be ok. This is my understanding and by reading most posts related to this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
GY123 said:
If your Masters degree evaluation ALONE says that it is equal to US masters degree, then it should be ok. This is my understand and by reading most posts related to this issue.

I have heard the same thing too. Currently in consultation with my lawyer on how to proceed in this situation. Will post the outcome when I come to know about it.

I assume it's a 12 + 3 + 2 degree, then it's NOT a SINGLE DEGREE.

Just forget evaluation. Sheila also gives Bachelors degree for 3-year graduates. Does it work?

GIC said:

Thanks in advance.

GIC

That is the hint.
Do you have 3-year BSc?

MSc(math)+3yr B.Sc+ 5 yr+ exp

Mine is EB2 and my I-140 approved on Apr 06. I have my educational evaluation done during H1B process. My Lawyer used the same evaluation.

titu1972 said:
Mine is EB2 and my I-140 approved on Apr 06. I have my educational evaluation done during H1B process. My Lawyer used the same evaluation.

Congrats. I guess, you were lucky.
In few cases, USCIS can revisit I-140 at the time of I-485 approval.

desi3933 said:
That is the hint.
Do you have 3-year BSc?
Yes I do. My university follows the semester system. Each semester mark sheet provides the number of credit hours for each subject. It is very easy to add it all up. My addition resulted in Bsc = 150 Hrs and Msc = 80 Hrs.

GIC said:
Yes I do. My university follows the semester system. Each semester mark sheet provides the number of credit hours for each subject. It is very easy to add it all up. My addition resulted in Bsc = 150 Hrs and Msc = 80 Hrs.

Then it can be argued equivalent to MS. Please consider hiring a professional evaluator for this.

desi3933 said:
Then it can be argued equivalent to MS. Please consider hiring a professional evaluator for this.
Thanks. I do have one of the best lawyers handling it.

desi3933 said:
What your lawyer says aboyut filing under eb2?
Good Luck.

He says either do an evalution to show a single source of degree equal to MS (i.e. show MSc = MS) or file under EB3.

The evaluation that was done during labour combined both Bsc and Msc to show MS equivalency.