Mr. Jim Question about I-140 revoke

sbalajis

Registered Users (C)
Hello Mr.Jim, My previous employer has revoked my I-140 after more than 180 days of applying I-1485. Please advice if INS will approve my I-485 according to AC21?? Are ther been any similar approvals.?? Thanks

There was a similar case

on murthy.com in the chat sessions.But they are still fighting for this case with the INS HQ.but they have not updated the details about this case.

It seems to me that AC21 would be virtually meaningless if this killed the I-485

I\'ve been singing this for a year now but here I go again, without implementing regulations for AC21, who knows. I thought that the chat comment on murthy.com was where the person changed jobs in less that 180 days and the employer cancelled the I-140, but I\'m not certain about this. Sheela Murthy has always voiced the opinion that as long as the petition remained unadjudicated after 180 days the person was home free regardless of when the person left the sponsoring employer. I\'ve always been skeptical of that position as it seemed overly aggressive to me in the absence of implementing regulations. It may not be wrong, it\'s just dangerous in my opinion.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

Thanks Jim

Thanks for the reply Jim.
You have given me a ray of Hope in your reply!!
Let us see what INS has to say.
Thanks again.

how

Hi balaji,

How did you know that your employer has revoked your 140.Did they send you copy of it or just by mouth word.

no copy

They never sent a copy, they told this to my new attorney.
They sent a letter to INS in OCT\'2001 to revoke but they never recevied any acknowledgement from INS.
Has anybody faced similar situation??

Antother I-140 revoke, please help.

I filed I-485 by the end of 1997. My L-1 expired Jan/98, so I filed L-1 extension, INS replied and asked additional information. While I prepare for L-1 extension, I received EAD. My lawyer let me withdraw the L-1 since I have EAD, But INS doubt I still work in the same company after my company sent withdraw letter. They issue me a letter asked lots of information and I responded at last day, but INS said they didn\'t receive my response(of course I have Fedex record), so they revoked my I-140. My lawyer sent an appeal letter to Washington, they decided to let VSC reopen my case. Until now, more than 4 years, my case is still under reviewing and my I-485 still pending. I can get Advance Parole every year.
Can you please tell me, most likely what\'s the result of my case and how long I need to wait?

Mr. Jim Can help

man I am a novice when compared to what you had go through.
Mr. Jim can answer our question.

The fact that they reopened your case is a good sign

It\'s probably good that you have an attorney. Generally, an attorney\'s word that something was sent or something was not received. Since INS reopened your case they seem to believe that the reply to the RFE was sent (hopefully, there\'s a courier tracking number to show that it was received on time. I have nod idea what the RFE said or how good your response was so I certainly can\'t speculate regarding the final outcome.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

No Title

Igwait,

Apparently your case got stuck some where in-between Washington DC appeals court and your service center (VSC). Probably it is better to ask for some help from your local congressmen/woman.

- PCee

status check

what is status igwait??
please update this thread if you have 140 revoke situation after filing 485.