Moving within Company while I140 is being processed. Same Location. Can I? Should I?

10dulkar

Registered Users (C)
hi everyone

hope you guys are having a good day. have a question (a few actually), and would really appreciate it if you could take a minute to read this, and another minute to respond, or simply share your thoughts...

i work for a bank in NY - lets just say that its the bank that never sleeps ;-)

i work in the credit card business in risk management. my labor has been approved under PERM and my I140 has been filed under EB2 in Nov '06.

Having been in my current role for almost 1.5yrs, i am looking to move within the company...also, i currently work as Associate Manager, and if i take up a new role - it will be as Manager...

i am very confused about whether it is safe to move within the company? If it is, does it matter where i move? For example, i can move to another team, but stay within Risk Management. Or I could move to another team outside Risk Management into, say, Profitability Analysis...

i guess, i dont have one specific question - but more like I am trying to understand if any of the following might affect my GC process:
move within company, within Risk Management?
move within company, but outside RM?
promotion from AM to Manager?

Also, not to put any sort of pressure, but am hoping to decide soon - within the next week or so, so would really appreciate your thoughts, suggestions, words of wisdom...

of course, goes without saying - but thanks a ton for reading!!!

cheers!