moving to new house???

mohann

Registered Users (C)
hi frendz.
Is it safe .. move to another house when 1-485 is pending?.

my i-140 is approved on 17th aug 2004.(140&485 ND:9th april 2004).

can anyone give me ans plz....

Make sure you send AR-11 by registered USPS with a return receipt and also call USCIS to make they have the right address. I moved twice, within 4 months. USCIS mailed my Change of address form to the new address.
Utlimately, it's a personal decision and you should feel comfortable.

thanx

thanx for reply sharpieterk...
so before we moving ..we shud inform to uscis mmmmm.....

USCIS recommends informing them within 10 days of moving to new address...make sure you call them first and then send them the Ar-11 form.

Does anyone know the phone # to call for Address change?
Thanks..!

sharpieterk said:
USCIS recommends informing them within 10 days of moving to new address...make sure you call them first and then send them the Ar-11 form.

I moved 2 months ago, I called CIS to update my new address for pending apps and also mailed AR11 at the same time to London,Ky address. So VSC sent new FP notice to my new address.

Does anybody here know that, do they send any confirmation after receiving AR11 ? I didnt receive any ?

sharpieterk said:

Just for everyone's reference, this is not a recommendation - it is mandatory. This was completely forgotten about for years until after 9/11, then BICE started deporting a few unlucky souls to make an example of them and put the fear of God in everyone else.

Remember, not filing the AR-11 within 10 days of moving even after you get your Green Card is a deportable offense. When you move, file the AR-11 right away and also call the Service Center if your I-485 is pending to get your address updated there too.

There are 2 different things.

1. You will and MUST call NSC to update address on each and every pending case you have ( all 485s, 765s, 131s, bla bla blas )

2. You file AR-11 to intimate your move. This ar11 will be used by other agencies too - but not by INS on your pending cases.

#1 is THE important for all the people in this forum for GC
#2 is less important for us ( but mandatory, to avoid arrests ) :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes there is a confirmation

All,

We moved to a new place recently. 3 things

1) When I called BCIS and informed them I was moving they said please call "AFTER THE MOVE" within 10 days after the move.

2) Yes after calling the BCIS 800 number to for change of address we did get written confirmation from BCIS that our addres has been updated. (Although it took like 2 months to get that in mail)

3) Separately I filed for AR-11.

hope it helps
Vivek

truenblue said:
Does anybody here know that, do they send any confirmation after receiving AR11 ? I didnt receive any ?

I sent my AR-11 forms to both USCIS and also London,KY on 08/03/04 .( KY certified mail and USCIS priority mail)

Just half an hour i got a call from USCIS ( from lady i don't remeber the name because i was trying to understand the way she pronounced my complete name.) asking what is the correct address since our new address had two lines for street address.

ex: 10, My place, Apt # 2
100, My street
Town, State

i asked her whether i will get confiramtion she said she is sending it now so we will see when i will get it. Hopefully this will trigger FP1 ( I485- ND 10/02/03).

hmd said:
I sent my AR-11 forms to both USCIS and also London,KY on 08/03/04 .( KY certified mail and USCIS priority mail)

Just half an hour i got a call from USCIS ( from lady i don't remeber the name because i was trying to understand the way she pronounced my complete name.) asking what is the correct address since our new address had two lines for street address.

ex: 10, My place, Apt # 2
100, My street
Town, State

i asked her whether i will get confiramtion she said she is sending it now so we will see when i will get it. Hopefully this will trigger FP1 ( I485- ND 10/02/03).

VSC sent confirmation for my wife and an AR11 form because I called CIS instead of my wife. But I am talking about dept. at London, KY, they didnt send any confirmation and the blunder I did was I mailed the forms without certified mail so now I have no proof that I complied with AR11 rule.

"...mail so now I have no proof that I complied with AR11 rule."
Just send another AR11 now through certified mail with receipt

Update

MY LUD for I-485 changed to 08/24/2004 looks like the lady(see above my post) did send the confiramtion. Now waiting for the mail..

But no change in wife's LUD .

hmd said:
MY LUD for I-485 changed to 08/24/2004 looks like the lady(see above my post) did send the confiramtion. Now waiting for the mail..

But no change in wife's LUD .
Did you call the NSC number and change your wife's address also? Make sure that is done too.

When we moved, I called and changed both of our addresses. But, LUD changed only for me. And, nothing changed on my wife's case. Also, simultaneously, my lawyer sent a written letter to CIS regarding the change of address for my case only (since I was the primary applicant). It seems that the lawyer's letter impacted my LUD change and my address was properly changed and I received the confirmation letter. I called NSC again to update my wife's address. This time I was told that the applicant (that is my wife) should call (and I cannot update her address). So, she called and changed her address and thats when the LUD changed for her and also received the confirmation letter.

hakoonamataata said:
Did you call the NSC number and change your wife's address also? Make sure that is done too.

When we moved, I called and changed both of our addresses. But, LUD changed only for me. And, nothing changed on my wife's case. Also, simultaneously, my lawyer sent a written letter to CIS regarding the change of address for my case only (since I was the primary applicant). It seems that the lawyer's letter impacted my LUD change and my address was properly changed and I received the confirmation letter. I called NSC again to update my wife's address. This time I was told that the applicant (that is my wife) should call (and I cannot update her address). So, she called and changed her address and thats when the LUD changed for her and also received the confirmation letter.

Yes i did call NSC No and updated her address too. that was alomst a week or 10 days ago. When i spoke to the NSC representative today after seeing change in My I=485 LUD she told me exactly what you have been told. so i guess i need to ask my wife to call the NSC no and update the Address.

Thanks for the info anyway ...