Moving to Missouri - Your feedback is appreciated

madgu-gc2005

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

We got our green card in this year and for job purpose we are thinking to move to Missouri by middle of next year. I would like to get some feedback on the following places in Missouri.

webster groves
Maryland Heights
Hazelwood

How good these places are with respect to schooling, neighborhood, hospitals etc?

I would appreciate your input. As for as USCIS is concerned what are the paper work I might need to do apart from filing AR-11.

what are the important stuffs one should keep in mind if there is relocation?

Thanks

Maryland Heights is nice. It is full of desis, but mostly in apartments. The apartments are really old/crappy though. It is kinda in the center of the metro, so connectivity and proximity to most places is great.

Webster Groves is too down south. Hazelwood is in the north and desis usually don't prefer it. Avoid north and east St. Louis.

St. Charles is a good area too. Creve Couer is very nice, is center of everything, right next to Maryland Heights, but a tad expensive. Ballwin is another place with lot of desis.

Do you know where your work place would be? And are you intending to buy or rent? It would be eaier to recommend based on that.

Thanks KMax for your response.

The company is in four places - Maryland Heights, webster groves, hazelwood and another one within st louis city limits. we might want to rent an apartment. I would appreciate if you can answer the following

1. How expensive the apartments are in Creve couer area and Maryland Heights? - two bedroom apartments
2. How about public transportation?
3. Any professional day care center near by for my 3 year old son
4. which airport will be nearby maryland heights?
5. How cold it is during winter?

Hope we might get some indian doctors nearby maryland heights.

I am asking too many questions.

Thanks

Thanks KMax for your response.

The company is in four places - Maryland Heights, webster groves, hazelwood and another one within st louis city limits. we might want to rent an apartment. I would appreciate if you can answer the following

Maryland Heights/Creve Couer will be ideal

1. How expensive the apartments are in Creve couer area and Maryland Heights? - two bedroom apartments
The good/new ones around 1200-1500 in Creve Couer. Maryland Heights from 700$-1000$. Dorsett Rd. in Maryland Heights is the desi adda. It has Indian restaurant/grocery, regular grocery and a lot of restaurants/fastfood places, close to other Indian restaurant/groceries. But, the apartments are really crappy on this street. Maybe a few of them are good around that vicinity. Zip code for Maryland Heights is 63043. Lookup apartments on www.apartmentguide.com

2. How about public transportation?
There is a metro train and metro bus. But, it's mostly useful only if you are working in downtown. http://www.metrostlouis.org/
The first Metro Station(North Hanley) is about 5-6 miles from Marland Heights. Most people working in downtown and commuting to downtown park here(free) and take the metro.

3. Any professional day care center near by for my 3 year old son
There should be I think. I don't know.

4. which airport will be nearby maryland heights?
STL. About 5 miles from Maryland Heights

5. How cold it is during winter?
It gets very cold during winter(Dec-Feb) and very humid during the peak summer. It might snow maybe 4-5 times over the winter.

Hope we might get some indian doctors nearby maryland heights.
There are many desi doctors.

I am asking too many questions.

Thanks

Hi all,

We got our green card in this year and for job purpose we are thinking to move to Missouri by middle of next year. I would like to get some feedback on the following places in Missouri.

webster groves
Maryland Heights
Hazelwood

How good these places are with respect to schooling, neighborhood, hospitals etc?

I would appreciate your input. As for as USCIS is concerned what are the paper work I might need to do apart from filing AR-11.

what are the important stuffs one should keep in mind if there is relocation?

Thanks

Maryland heights is a great place. Locality around Woodhollow apartments is good but the apartments are quite bad.

If you are planning to buy a house, consider South county. The area/schools around are great.

Thank you KMax and Kart for your suggestions and input. I will look into the website you have given and I will get back to you if I need further information.

Kart: I did not get you " Locality around Woodhollow apartments is good but the apartments are quite bad"

Thank you both.

Kart: I did not get you " Locality around Woodhollow apartments is good but the apartments are quite bad"

Thank you both.

Just that the apartment (Woodhollow) suck - its just what the name is - its hollow like wood. I dont recommend it. Try South county for good apartments.