Moving to different city, same state, what happens to LC?

Mehul_Sangani

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

The office I'm working in city of Santa Barbara, CA is closing and I've been asked to move to Redwood City, CA. My question is what happens to my LC, do I need to refile even though its in the same state or same can be continued to use.

Thanks in advance.

Yes

Welcome to the US immigration system. Get ready to refile!
However keep the old pending or approved LC for H-1B extension purposes. But since the job in SB for which the LC was requested doesn't exist anymore - time to restart. It would have been different if the company moved within the same city/metro area - but not like you describe. Isn't Redwood city ~ 300 miles from SB? - that's way too far.

Mehul_Sangani said:
Hey guys,

The office I'm working in city of Santa Barbara, CA is closing and I've been asked to move to Redwood City, CA. My question is what happens to my LC, do I need to refile even though its in the same state or same can be continued to use.

Thanks in advance.

What If I move to a different state.. but the distance moved is only 20 miles?
I might be moved from NY to NJ office... I guess since I'm changing state it does not matter if I'm still in the same (business) region, INS would want me to refile.

Mehul_Sangani said:
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.

Did they move the pricipal or corporate office? Other office does not matter.