Moving stuff

njdude26

Registered Users (C)
I will be driving in from the US with all the goods. I landed in 2004 and am returning to Toronto now. I beleive i can do a goods to follow list again.
But my friend will be driving the uhaul. A very helpful canadian friend !

Do we both have to reach the border at the same time to get the goods and a car attached to it in ?

anyone here with an experience of driving into Toronto ?

Dude,

U do not have to travel together. Here is what happened when I had shipped some goods. The moving company driver gave my papers to the border guy. The border officers sealed the truck and the truck comes in Canada and comes to the local customs agent in the city. Here, at this time, the truck driver calls you and then u meet him at the customs office. You take it from this point - means talk to the immigration officer regarding what you have. He/she will charge you duty, if applicable (and if the person is in a good mood) :)!

I will be driving in from the US with all the goods. I landed in 2004 and am returning to Toronto now. I beleive i can do a goods to follow list again.

Do we both have to reach the border at the same time to get the goods and a car attached to it in ?

Thanks for the info. But what happens if the personn driving the truck reaches a day before or after i enter the country ?

bigboy00 said:
Dude,

U do not have to travel together. Here is what happened when I had shipped some goods. The moving company driver gave my papers to the border guy. The border officers sealed the truck and the truck comes in Canada and comes to the local customs agent in the city. Here, at this time, the truck driver calls you and then u meet him at the customs office. You take it from this point - means talk to the immigration officer regarding what you have. He/she will charge you duty, if applicable (and if the person is in a good mood) :)!

That's fine...he will have to wait in the country with the sealed truck (he cannot open it) till you establish a contact with him. You will have to go to the customs office together once you get together.

Call the customs office to verify though. That's the best thing..Because it's been a while since I went through this experence. The difference is that mine was a moving company and this is ur friend who is driving your stuff..

njdude26 said:
Thanks for the info. But what happens if the personn driving the truck reaches a day before or after i enter the country ?