Moving !! Expecting Card Shortly : Need your Advise !

cmacti

Registered Users (C)
Moving to another location near previous apt. but in another state on this weekend.

Got PP stamped on June 10 and today the status changed to " Card Ordered on July 8 ......", I am wondering what to do as I am expecting card in two weeks. Should I forward address at post office or else ... ?

Please suggest / advise what should be done in this case !!

Thanks in advance !!

INS Mail is not forwarded....and its too late to do a AR11

Do something about it ... with the next tenant ... Or else
try the POST Office and ask them to hold all your mails .... or hold the lease till you get your card..

But DO SOMETHING !

As you says its near to your new address

Keep your old apartment for 1-2 month untill you got card.
And collect mail periodically from old location.

Either keep the old Apt (if you can) for a couple of months or just hold your mail in the old Post office (need to fill a form for holding mail) for a month or two WITHOUT updating the new address with them.

As you might know, post office will NOT forward any communication from BCIS.

If U expect the card in 2-3 weeks, you can move, provided you
do the following:
1)Hold the apartment till month end
2)Hold your mails at PO [so that ur mailbox doesn't get full]
& don't request for a 'Mail Forwarding' at this PO for sometime.
3)Get hold of a new tenant [pref desi] and u can skip [1] & [2]

Hope this helps

Hello,

what could happen if he didn't hold the mail or stay at his old address? Would they completely reject the I485 or would he not get the actual green card and have to report a new address to BCIS?

thanks

Another option:

I think there may be another solution

Move - don't pay for the apartment unnecesarily. File-AR-11 and call up the NSC to update your new address.

Holding mails is always a good option when you move ( irrespective of GC situations).

Might work out better.

Thanks to all for your advise !

Ultimately, I decided to hold the mail for two weeks and request Attorney to change the address after moving on this weekend.

In case, I do not get the CARD in two weeks(by holding mail) then I should get it at the new address.

I would let you know how & when I get the CARD !

Thanks again !!