Moving back

Just remember that if you already filed the 485, there is some extra paperwork that must be done to switch to consular processing (i.e. more than if you went for CP from day 1).

Bhai (aur Behan) log,

Do not despair and think like this about returning home because of lack of GC. If you want to go home for any other reasons, please do so.

Next year, Congress will pass legislation providing EB immigration relief and all categories will become current. Just have patience...

Where did you get this from...

Please post your source. Thanx

gc-despo said:
Bhai (aur Behan) log,

Do not despair and think like this about returning home because of lack of GC. If you want to go home for any other reasons, please do so.

Next year, Congress will pass legislation providing EB immigration relief and all categories will become current. Just have patience...

Folks if your name check has been pending for more than 1 and a half years. Do what I did.

Everyone, here is the Mandamus that I served yesterday to FBI, DHS and USCIS. The clerk told me to make 4 sets, 1 for the Judge, send one to DHS and USCIS all in one filing, the next one to the FBI i.e Alberto Gonzales and then the last one to the disctricts US Disctrict Attorney (don't ask why)

https://www.wazzuptech.com/I485Mandamus.doc

One thing though. Make your case air tight. Also there is a link that you might want to look at

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/intera...torial_0497.xml

This is going to be my next step.

Also what was finally decided about the HR 4437 ? Reason I ask this is becasue all you are planning to do will be moot as that Bill is very dangerous and can mess all legal immigrants and there will be no judicial support if that goes thru ?

I am not trying to criticize anyone here. There will be always a reason if someone wants to return; if not retrogression it was lc being stuck for a long time. retrogression has been a fact of life in the US GC process and change in regulations is hard to come by. per murthy, people's expectations had become too high since we had last several years retro-free for some of the categories.
lot many people had pinned their hopes on s1932 as a means to solve the problem. while it would have been great if it had gone through, it would be only a temp solution. what is needed is a point-based immigration along lines similar to canada, australia and uk.
if businesses & voters want immigration system reform, it will happen.
gc-despo said:
Bhai (aur Behan) log,

AbGCDeDo said:
Please post your source. Thanx

I do not have any "source" or special knowledge. I just base my comments on experience. This GC retrogression and per country limits come and go. Usually as the economy improves (which it has in 2005 and will continue to in 2006) US public's paranoia that foriegners are taking US jobs tends to reduce. Concurrently, business will need more foriegn workers in the US, and Congress will find it easier to pass a bill easing restrictions on EB based immigration. AC21 which was passed in 1999, and removed the retrogression for 5+ years is a good case in point.

As I see it, support is slowly growing for relaxing EB based immigration quotas and this should happen next year. This is why I advice people who are currently frustrated and discouraged by long backlogs to wait, and not give up and leave US because of GC.

Of course, if you want to leave for other reasons (like trying to take advantage of India's ongoing boom) that is good...