Moving - Applying for Citizenship - Please Answer

Hari_Gowda

Registered Users (C)
I am a Green Card holder since August 25, 2000. I can apply for my citizenship 90 days prior to completion of 5 years. I am planning to send my application by the first week of June 2005. However, I have a small problem.

Currently I live in Wisconsin and I found a Job in Florida. I will be moving to FL in the month of April or May. Can I apply for my Citizenship as planned in June 2005? Do I have to stay for sometime in the new place before applying for Citizenship? I did not see any information about this type of situuation under FAQ. Could someone please answer this question?
:eek:

Make sure you MEET the requirement of 3 months residency at the DO jurisdiction. The minus 90 days rules apply ONLY to the continuous residency (5 years or 3 years). In any case you MUST meet the 3 months. I would not try to circumvent this requirement.

Yalag

Thanks

I really appreciate all the answers. This forum is great. Again, my sincere thanks to all the folks who have answered my question.

Of course you can still file as planned. Why not?
You are allowed to move from one state to another. The application is concerned about moving out of the country and how long you have been in this country.