move to another VA job while on J 1waiver

murlakshmi

Registered Users (C)
I have another year and half to go! My VA is short changing me significantly during the new pay revision going through out VA system (as they are confident that I will not leave for another 1&1/2 year!). If I find another VA job, and if they are willing to process my visa,then is it an H 1 transfer or do I need to start all over?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it worth doing?! if it is H 1 transfer only I might give it a shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EB-2 VA NIW approved, I 485 pending
EB1-EA approved!waiting to finish waiver 08/15/07

i believe its just H1b transfer, and there is no problem filing for H1b tranfer at all. one can have as many H1bs as one likes. all you need is a employer willing to sponsor.

my experience is in non VA scenario. i think if you call the prospective new VA employer, they will be happy to tell you exactly how they handle such things.

in VA scenario, the central office is equivalent to State health dept.! so I think the central VA office should approve the transfer upon the request of prospective VAMC! I think, will find out!

If your H1 is sponsored by a VA which had petitioned for the your J1 waiver based on its needs,I am not sure how you can transfer to another VA unless that VA can also prove that it could not have employed a US citizen e.t.c(i.e could have also petioned for a J-1 waiver on your behalf).Unless of course your H1 is not related to a J waiver.

According to what I have been told by attorneys is that it is completely doable. One of my colleagues did that a couple of years ago, and transferred from one va to another (for family reasons).

If it's not VA, can you transfer for family reasons?

If it were not in VA situation, if you are working in a rural clinic, can you transfer H1 for a family reason? I have talked with 2 lawyers and they said it's not possible. Any body know a lawyer who can make it happen?

I spoke to my lawyer and she advised me that unless I can show extenuating circumstances for ex: closure of VA or HPSA facility, your job is taken away or you were fired the uscis is not going to transfer your H1. But the VA is telling me that they can do it?! They are telling me that they have to request their central office to transfer my waiver to their VA?! I am confused! please advise.