Move out of state after filing N-400? Is it possible?

paracha3

Registered Users (C)
I filed my N-400 like a week ago with Texas service center and now there are chances of me getting transfered to our office in Arizona with in couple months.

I wanted to ask what will happen to citizenship process. Has someone been through this before. Is the process painful enough that i should seriously ask my employer to give me more time (which may not be an option).

Kindly help. Much appreciated.

Paracha3

I had the same question . I was thinking abt this .. If a person is married, the
spouse can stay & retain the original permannet address .. The applicant can
take or treat the move to other state as a consulting assignmnet & also by not setting up residency in another state by staying in exteneded home or like

What do you all think ?

If Arizona is also a part of the TSC jurisdiction no problem just file AR-11 Change of address form. If not, you have to wait ubtil you receive I-797 NOA then write a letter to TSC to transfer. This will delay your app. but no worry because it's too early anyway. It's not like you will lose 5 months waiting. :)

Folks,

I am posting this question again as in #2 message of this thread . Can a consulting assignment in out of state ( I believe lot of people do) & retaining original permannet residence be an option for NOT transferiing files between DO's .

Please comment

Thanks,

Johnnycash/Admin/Members

Please comment on my earlier posts . I just wanted to know my options before filing N-400

Thanks in anticipation