move on after GC ?

lubomm

Registered Users (C)
how long do you need to work at the same company after getting the green card??? I have heard a few months... i want to quit asap. any comments?

Originally posted by lubomm
how long do you need to work at the same company after getting the green card??? I have heard a few months... i want to quit asap. any comments?

I don't think this is written in stone but I have heard 6 months to 1 year is best to avoid suspicion of fraud. That said, I don't know how often the USCIS would follow up on these things. And, if the company closes or dismisses you for reasons beyond your control, I think the USCIS will look on your case more favorably.

And ironically, with AC21 (if applicable), you could switch to a new company just prior to getting your I-485. It's once you get the GC that you have to remain with the sponsoring company for some period of time.

ETA

If you are n ot happy with ur current employer (I am not happy)It is better to leave ur employer after i-140 is approved using AC21 as if we decide to be with them till last, u may stuck with them for another 1 year or so after getting GC.

god

Re: Re: move on after GC ?

Originally posted by ETA-GC
I don't think this is written in stone but I have heard 6 months to 1 year is best to avoid suspicion of fraud. That said, I don't know how often the USCIS would follow up on these things. And, if the company closes or dismisses you for reasons beyond your control, I think the USCIS will look on your case more favorably.

And ironically, with AC21 (if applicable), you could switch to a new company just prior to getting your I-485. It's once you get the GC that you have to remain with the sponsoring company for some period of time.

ETA

I don't think the sloppy CIS will "follow up" a green card holder with 6 million applications behind their ass. but some said during the naturalization process they did check whether you had fraud activities when you apply for your green card.

i heard that someone got green card from a company through future employment but he never worked for the company after green card. both his wife and himself were placed in the removal proceeding awhen they pply for the citizenship. what a nightmare.

until now did i realize immigrating to US is really not fun. you have to be carefull even after you get your green card!!! otherwise they can revoke it!!!

well, thats vary true, GC is just another Visa,isn't?

so...

I know few people who worked with number of different companies for ther first 4 and half years of h1b period, made hell lot of money and then got into this mess..so many others made money for 6 months and went back,, they are in real good posistion then us.

btw... just ran a scan for a renge (50000-510000) for July 29 and found that out of total 20 cases processed in this range (approved+rfe sent), 14 have been processed in april.

WHY DO I FEEL THAT INS WORKS ON MULTIPLE MONTH AT A TIME?

look slike right now they are working on cases of (May+june+july).

what u guys think?

Re: Re: move on after GC ?

Originally posted by ETA-GC

ETA

If changing employer soon after GC can be regarded as fraud, then getting a promotion, increase of salary, and changing of job duty will all all be considered as fraud??? i just don't believe the CIS will be that annoying.

ZYU, could you please clarify what you heard? I think there are more to it than what you have said. My lawyer told me that it doesn't matter as long as after you receive you GC and many people quit their job right after GC and still get their citizenship approved. Especially in post AC21 era, some lawyers believe it should apply to change job after GC case.

Originally posted by LCSilence
ZYU, could you please clarify what you heard? I think there are more to it than what you have said. My lawyer told me that it doesn't matter as long as after you receive you GC and many people quit their job right after GC and still get their citizenship approved. Especially in post AC21 era, some lawyers believe it should apply to change job after GC case.

the key is that you did not have fraud activity during GC application. for the example i mentioned
, since the guy never worked for the company which sponsors him for GC with future employment, it can be easily regarded as a fraud. the example i used was mentioned in shusterman.com before but i don't know whether it is still there. i think as long as you do not have foul play during GC application you should be fine