Move before filing I-140.

kgp

Registered Users (C)
One of my co-worker's Labor was certified, At the time of filling I-140 & I-485 his attorney is telling him that his home should be within 30 miles from the work location given in the original application is it true?

What if he moves to a different state but still work on the same job with Same employer but at different location? Any ideas?

kgp said:
One of my co-worker's Labor was certified, At the time of filling I-140 & I-485 his attorney is telling him that his home should be within 30 miles from the work location given in the original application is it true?

What if he moves to a different state but still work on the same job with Same employer but at different location? Any ideas?
He needs to educate his attorney. Attorney should again be sent back to college or the more in practice firm. GC is for future job, once it is approved, alien should follow the mandate on how he is going to perform his job. Filing 140 and 485 , what both has to do anything with it, given the senario that his GC gets denied for some reason, will his attorney statement holds the truth?

But I think there is a field on the ETA form which ask for location where this employee will work. Meaninig this future job will be at what location, is that not the case? than that question is true for future job location, right?

This is a big law firm and they don't listen to anyone

labordrags said:
He needs to educate his attorney. Attorney should again be sent back to college or the more in practice firm. GC is for future job, once it is approved, alien should follow the mandate on how he is going to perform his job. Filing 140 and 485 , what both has to do anything with it, given the senario that his GC gets denied for some reason, will his attorney statement holds the truth?

kgp said:
But I think there is a field on the ETA form which ask for location where this employee will work. Meaninig this future job will be at what location, is that not the case? than that question is true for future job location, right?

This is a big law firm and they don't listen to anyone
The whole thing about GC is not known. If you get your GC and later on, go work for another employer you would be fine too. Show me anywhere where it states that alien needs to work for the same employer who sponsors GC for certain amount of time?

What's the name of the law firm? May be sending out a fax would help them understand their incompetence?

labordrags Thanks for your quick response.
So if Labor is filled from Chicago when employee is working in chicago office of the company once it is approved if employees got transferred to new work location and now his work location and home is in Denver there will be no impact to the I-140 etc which is yet to be filled. Right?

labordrags said:

kgp said:
labordrags Thanks for your quick response.
So if Labor is filled from Chicago when employee is working in chicago office of the company once it is approved if employees got transferred to new work location and now his work location and home is in Denver there will be no impact to the I-140 etc which is yet to be filled. Right?
When one files I-140, its another purpose is to make sure that the company is able to provide the salary to their respective alien. If your labor is filed from Chicago, he moves to NY and he is still moving to Denver, and now they plan in moving to CA, again he is going to be working from FL, then he gets another assignment to work in Atlanta - these factor doesn't matter. What matters is he should be able to work for the company when his GC gets approved. Also, he is not even required to work for the company who sponsors his GC until it is approved.

Don't know what is wrong or right, but ETA 750 clearly says in Item number 7: Address where Alien will work:

And we are talking about the stage between Labor and I-140/485 GC is still pending, we are not talking about working after GC is approved.

labordrags said:
The whole thing about GC is not known. If you get your GC and later on, go work for another employer you would be fine too. Show me anywhere where it states that alien needs to work for the same employer who sponsors GC for certain amount of time?

What's the name of the law firm? May be sending out a fax would help them understand their incompetence?

kgp said:
Don't know what is wrong or right, but ETA 750 clearly says in Item number 7: Address where Alien will work:

And we are talking about the stage between Labor and I-140/485 GC is still pending, we are not talking about working after GC is approved.

Item number 7: Address where Alien will work is the work location of the "proposed employment location" for which alien is being sponsored to wrok on afull time permanent basis "after the greencard is approved".

How did you find out the status ?

Can you post how you found your status ?

mvinays said:
Item number 7: Address where Alien will work is the work location of the "proposed employment location" for which alien is being sponsored to wrok on afull time permanent basis "after the greencard is approved".