Moulin & other experts bail me out with your experience!

Relax

Registered Users (C)
My marriage certificate only mentions the date we registered with the authorities,which is 2 months after the marraige.It does not mention the actual marriage date.Will this create any problem as I have mentioned the actual marriage date in DS 230?Ofcourse I do have the wedding card,but wondering whether the marriage certificate should also mention the actual marriage date.

I *always* use the date on my marriage certificate (date of registration > date of actual ceremony by 3 months) on everything. Legally, you were man and wife on that day.

I'm sure you wont have a problem. When they ask you for the cert., tell them about your problem and ask to change the date on your DS 230.

hello sir

my 2 cents...

herez the link to tamilnadu gov site, which has the format of marriage- certifcate format.

http://igregn.tn.nic.in/application_forms.htm

Does your marriage-certificate FORMAT differ a lot with this ? How come

Also, check this URL , and Read the sub-heading "MARRIGAE CERTIFICATE"
http://travel.state.gov/reciprocity/Country Folder/I/India.htm

Relax, When is you interview ? Do you think you have time to 'amend' your certificate ?

As Moulin says, it might not be a problem at all for Consular Processing. But if you have time it's better to correct your certificate.

Thanks Moulin & Local...Moulin pls.clarify on the following

1. Do we have to submit original experience letters & credentials or just the copies?
2. Do we have to also submit the above for spouse?
3. How did you arrange the documents,in what order?
4. My attorney says there is no need to mention the present salary in the employment letter,since it is for future employment.Is this ok?
5. DO the consulate ask for all previous H1 approval notices?
Appreciate your reply as always, Moulin.

Re: Thanks Moulin & Local...Moulin pls.clarify on the following

1. Do we have to submit original experience letters & credentials or just the copies?
Experience letters go with the 140 to the consulate. Generally you wont be asked for these. But i asked be prepared to show the originals and submit the copies.

2. Do we have to also submit the above for spouse?
Nope

3. How did you arrange the documents,in what order?
In the order specified in P. They (mumbai) asks for docs one at a time and you get plnty of time to retreive them.

4. My attorney says there is no need to mention the present salary in the employment letter,since it is for future employment.Is this ok?
No need to mention present salary but mention must be made of future salary. Either say $xxxxxx or 'salary as mentioned in LC and I140'..

5. DO the consulate ask for all previous H1 approval notices?
No.. Only the current one in case your H1 visa stamp has expired.

HTH .....

Re: Re: Thanks Moulin & Local...Moulin pls.clarify on the following

Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
No need to mention present salary but mention must be made of future salary. Either say $xxxxxx or 'salary as mentioned in LC and I140'..

Moulin,
My employment letter mentions my present salary which is 30 % more than what is mentioned in I- 140 and mentions nothing about my future salary and simply says "He will continue his permanent position upon approval of his permanent residency". Iam just confused when you said future salary shoud be mentioned. What about my salary increment?? will this affect at all?? Please advice.. Do I need to correct it and pick up fresh employment letter??

Re: Re: Re: Thanks Moulin & Local...Moulin pls.clarify on the following

Originally posted by saradao

my present salary which is 30 % more than what is mentioned in I-140

I'm sorry !! I answered the previous question under the assumption that the present salary is less than what's mentioned in I-140. If its more, its not a problem (trust me - I had the same deal) and you can simply mention that figure.

Your letter is 100% fine..

As always thanks for the prompt response,Moulin.

My current salary is around 10 k less than the LC.Will this create any problem.According to my attorney,they will not ask the current salary and if they do the difference of 10k is not a major issue as the LC is for future salary.Moulin,your comments pls.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks Moulin & Local...Moulin pls.clarify on the following

Originally posted by Moulin Rouge

I'm sorry !! I answered the previous question under the assumption that the present salary is less than what's mentioned in I-140. If its more, its not a problem (trust me - I had the same deal) and you can simply mention that figure.

Your letter is 100% fine..

Thanks Moulin... I will go ahead with the same...

Moulin, one more bouncer......

The employment letter needs to be adressed to whom?
Is it to the Department of state or The American consulate general? Pls. reply

Re: Moulin, one more bouncer......

Your present salary is technically irrelevant. BUT your company needs to give you a genuine letter of future salary as stated in the LC and legally should pay you the 10k more when you enter. Naturally, this is hard to enforce but its the law.

The letter can be addressed to The Visa Officer, American Consulate General, xxxx ....

Thanks Moulin....Did you carry a sailing permit?

What documents needs to be carried for the medical and how many photographs?

hi, relax

document For medical:
Forwarding ltr from consulate (mentioned yr and dependant's name - computer typed).
appointment ltr from consulate (preprinted)
2 passport size photo.
any vaccination record you have
passport
if hinduja then 1700 Rs each adult and 1000 Rs. child
preganancy confirmation document (if apply).

1.Do we need to carry original notarized

employment letter for both self and spouse or would a photo copy be ok for the spouse?
2. My employment letter is post dated to a later date so that it is closer to the interview date but the notary has dated current date.Will the different dates create a problem?

Passport endorsement for spouse

Is it required for to be done before CP interview. We didnt change anything on my wife's passport when we got her h4 2 years back.

Is it required to get spouse name endorsed on her passport for CP interview?