Motivations for citizenship.

vwrw

Registered Users (C)
I would like to ask for your help by taking a short survey (18 questions) about an immigrants motivations to become a citizen of the USA.

I am an immigrant myself and a college student. This survey is a project for my statistics class. Anyone who has applied for citizenship or is planning to apply can participate. It would help me very much if you could take my survey. When it is done I will post the results so you can see how your motivations compare to others. PLEASE HELP.

If your spouse is the immigrant who has or expects to apply for citizenship please ask him or her to fill in the survey or ask about their motivation and do it for them. The more responses I get the more it will help me.

Any suggestion concerning this survey are welcome. Please follow the link below for the survey.

http://www.my3q.com/go.php?url=vwrw/95753

Survery Completed

Done and done. Glad I could help, I love surveys. I'm currently working towards my citizenship (see signature).

I'm not sure why Australia, New Zealand, and Canada were grouped together, but I'm sure there was a reason behind it!

Good luck! The results should be interesting.

Thank you very much for your participation in my survey. 39 people responded to my survey. I jump up and down with excitement about such a good start.

Took your survey. Good luck with your project.

I do have a comment. You refer to when we arrived to America. As a Canadian, I have always been in America :) There are many countries in America :)

Thanks

Thank you for the nice comments and thanks to everyone who has taken the poll so far. I think the results have been very interesting and I hope some others will participate.

Took your survey. Good luck with your project.

I do have a comment. You refer to when we arrived to America. As a Canadian, I have always been in America :) There are many countries in America :)

Thanks

Thanks for pointing out that fact. You have a good eye and are correct. I think many say things like that without thinking and sometimes things we do or say without thinking can create big problems. Hopefully this is just a little one.

Thank everyone who made his/her contribution in my survey. 101 participants expressed his/her motivations for obtaining US citizenship. I very hope to get some more responses!

Good survey. The results are interesting too. For me being able to vote, travel a little more freely and also be eligible for federal jobs are the three main motivations for pursuing citizenship.

Good survey. The results are interesting too. For me being able to vote, travel a little more freely and also be eligible for federal jobs are the three main motivations for pursuing citizenship.

Ditto. Plus being permanently done with USCIS!

Done and done. Glad I could help, I love surveys. I'm currently working towards my citizenship (see signature).

I'm not sure why Australia, New Zealand, and Canada were grouped together, but I'm sure there was a reason behind it!

Good luck! The results should be interesting.

SaferJoe was correct and also I see them as fairly similar countries based on anything but location. The are economically and culturally similar and all have ties to Great Brittan.

cafeconleche I will definately post the results of the survey. I may also post my report that I am making for my class (as long as I get a good grade:) )

Thanks for all the comments and a big thanks to those who took the survey.

US Citizenship

Hi,

I have GC for the past three years. My wife also got a GC by the same time. We have a daughter born here and so she is US citizen. I just want to get US Citizenship. How long is that wait? Is there anyway I can speed it up?

I just lost the job and with the economy going, I am trying my best. I am just waiting for the Citizenship as our daughter is US citizen and go back to India as my parents need me.

What shall I do to expedite? If I leave, then I need to visit with my wife couple of times atleast which I want to avoid.

Please advice.

Thanks
Krishna

Hi,

I have GC for the past three years. My wife also got a GC by the same time. We have a daughter born here and so she is US citizen. I just want to get US Citizenship. How long is that wait? Is there anyway I can speed it up?

I just lost the job and with the economy going, I am trying my best. I am just waiting for the Citizenship as our daughter is US citizen and go back to India as my parents need me.

What shall I do to expedite? If I leave, then I need to visit with my wife couple of times atleast which I want to avoid.

Please advice.

Thanks
Krishna

Before I answer your question, please post a new thread in this forum.

To answer your question, there is no way to expedite N600 application. You have to wait for 5 years (4 years 9 months) from your your gc's date. And sorry to hear that you lost your job. I am sure you will find a job soon. Good luck!