Mother's death who should handle the case now?

jjay09

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a question regarding my cousin's family. ok here's the current situation.

Mother had a green card and filed the petition for her daughters living overseas! but Mother* a petitoner passed away last year so her son who is u.s citizen handled the case on his own in other words case was transferred from mother to her son, now he(son) is handling the case of his sisters living overseas.

How long does it take before the case can be re-started after the mother's death then to be transferred onto her son(u.s citizen)?months/years?
*not to forget mother filed the petition under GC status.*

Will it hurt the case somehow if transferred after mother's death to her son?
will it take additional time limit?or extra paperwork?

Please give your feedbacks i would deeply appreciated.

First of all, I'm very sorry about the death!

Was I-130 approved? If so as far as I know the petition is still valid as long as they have a sponsor close family member (the brother in this case). If I-130 was NOT approved before the death, I believe the brother has to file for them in FB4 again.

Thanks for reply kitten,

but what is Fb4? i do not know if I-130 was approved or not i'll find out on that, but can you explain about FB4 what is it n how does it work? is it a form? and where to send it?

FB4 is family-based for siblings of US Citizens. Unfortunately the waiting time for that one is really long. I'm sorry I'm not much help here. Frankly I'd really advise to ask real lawyer. Like Ron Gotcher has immigration site and I found it to be very useful for certain tricky questions.