Mother's application for B2 visa rejected- please advice!

deps

Hello,

My mother's application for B2 got rejected a couple of days back on 214(b). I have been reading through all the forums to gain information on how to reapply but I still have a couple of questions. Hopefully this forum would be able to help me out!

My mother wants to travel to assist me in my pregnancy which is a high risk one. We decided not to mention this as the reason and instead she cited tourism as the primary motive of her visit. She is being sponsored by my husband.

Her interview went something on these lines-
Who are you visiting and why?
- She responded son- in law , daugher and her son( my brother is also in US)
What does your son in law do and what does your daugher do?
-( she gave an honest answer)
How long would you stay.
- 6 months
WHy are you traveling alone? where is your husband?
- she mentioned that she has a younger daughter in India and that her husband( my father) decided to stay behind with her.
What does your husband do?
- mentioned that he retired .

The visa was rejected after these questions. The official kept on asking why am father wasn't traveling with it , it appears that her traveling alone was seen suspicious. She wasn't asked to show any documents supporting her affiliations back in India . My question is-

She plans to reapply soon, would including my father and going for the interview as a couple improve her chances? or should she reaaply alone with added documents

What all documents should she include to prove her ties to India? ( She took her property papers last time)

Further how to make the official look at these documents as often they don't even look at the papers?

Kindly help as I desperately need her to be here with me.

thanks a ton,

Deepa

Firstly, B-2 visas are self-sponsored and do not need any sponsors, contrary to popular belief. Secondly, hiding one's true motive for the visit is a very bad idea. This may be considered as committing perjury.

My mother wants to travel to assist me in my pregnancy which is a high risk one. We decided not to mention this as the reason and instead she cited tourism as the primary motive of her visit. She is being sponsored by my husband.

What counted the most against her was having 2 kids in the US. Your mother may re-apply with or without your father's application. Her chances of success will not be great unless there is a drastic change in her circumstances. Whatever steps she takes, do not conceal any material fact.

Kindly help as I desperately need her to be here with me.