Mother Visiting after 5 years ...

eternity

Registered Users (C)
MY Mother is visiting after 5 years ... on the same Visitors VISA that she got 5 years ago ..... does she have to go to the consulate in India and get Finger Printed before she can board a flight ? since there was no finger printing done back in 2000 when she first got her VISA Stamped...

Also what are the typical Documents that the jerks at port of entry harass old people about these days ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Iam asking this since there was no finger printing required back in 2000 when she first got her VISA Stamped..... I dont want the jerks at POE to give her a hard time saying she doesnt have a FP on her VISA ... and she cannot speak English to explain her way out.

eternity said:
Iam asking this since there was no finger printing required back in 2000 when she first got her VISA Stamped..... I dont want the jerks at POE to give her a hard time saying she doesnt have a FP on her VISA ... and she cannot speak English to explain her way out.
No you dont need to go to the counsultate. My parents had their visa in 1999 and they came here 3 months ago. POE was Chicago, no questions were asked, the officer just stamped 6 months I-94.
One thing you want to make sure she has your address and she fills out the I-94 completely.

Thank you ma21 ... hmmmm that is going to be a challenge in itself to get her to fill it correctly .... she barely knows to read and write English and is too proud to ask somebody else to do it ... Also I doubt if she understands questions suchs as "PRINT YOUR NAME" means ...

I gotta find that I-94 application form somewhere on the WEB ... darn this immigration bussiness is so bloody complicated...

but thanks for your reply.

thats just great ma21 ... perfect solution. thanks a lot.

Now I have another headache ... her passport was not stamped upon entry in mumbai when she left US last time ... The guyz at JFK dont stamp anything while exiting ... how does she proove she left before the I-94 expired ?
I heard a similar case elsewhere on this forum .... any ideas ?

eternity said:
thats just great ma21 ... perfect solution. thanks a lot.

Now I have another headache ... her passport was not stamped upon entry in mumbai when she left US last time ... The guyz at JFK dont stamp anything while exiting ... how does she proove she left before the I-94 expired ?
I heard a similar case elsewhere on this forum .... any ideas ?
If she left on time, it will not be an issue at all. What I have heard is that INS updates its departure records from the passenger manifest, so should not a problem.
Bottom Line: if she left before her I-94 expired last time she visited US, no problems. If she over-stayed then the current visa is automatically cancelled (Section 221(g) or it is 222(g).) and she has to get a new visa.
BTW: Just curious, how did she manage not to get her passport stamped? In India, they stamp both at entry and exit.

she left in time back in 2000 ... the jackasses at mumbai forgot to stamp her passport and I happened to read a case posted by somebody that had the same problem and they deported his parents back at POE ! ( Thats when I decided to call her and check her passport ... ) CBP claims the burden of proof is on us :mad: in the case that I am talking about CBP were not able to pull up the relevant records and most likely there was an error in the data entry ... but the poor guys had to be deported at their own cost ... :mad:

Re:Mom visit to US

eternity said:
she left in time back in 2000 ... the jackasses at mumbai forgot to stamp her passport and I happened to read a case posted by somebody that had the same problem and they deported his parents back at POE ! ( Thats when I decided to call her and check her passport ... ) CBP claims the burden of proof is on us :mad: in the case that I am talking about CBP were not able to pull up the relevant records and most likely there was an error in the data entry ... but the poor guys had to be deported at their own cost ... :mad:

Hi Eternity!

Your mom would have submitted her I-94 before departute from the US, this is a good proof that she did not violate the law. The POE Authorities would have her records. If your mom lives in Southern parts of India we can help her with pre departure precausions she needs to take.

Contact me at menakarajendran@gmail.com for clarifications

Have a Nice Day!