Mother Visa refused 3rd time

danoarx

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Me and my wife are here in US since 2000. We came here on H1 and got GC in 2005. I sponsored my parents and my sister 2-3 years back for visa and they were refused at the interview. The interviewing officer did not check any documents I sent (All the required documents mentioned in this forum). It was really frustrating.
Anyway my parents applied again last month without my sister, hoping that they will get the visa this time as my sister was not coming with them. They got refused again without checking any documents.
After that my mother applied alone and she got refused again.
It is really frustrating that they refuse the visa without checking any documents. How can one proof the strong ties with his/her country if the officer is not checking any documents?

I am thinking about sending a letter to our congressman and senator, does that help? any suggestions?

Thanks

You can try but it will not help. State Department officials (consuls) have complete and sole responsibility to decide who gets a visa and who does not.

I am thinking about sending a letter to our congressman and senator, does that help? any suggestions?

In a way, yes. I know it sounds cold and ruthless, but visas to non-citizens are always a privilege. Not just with the US, but with any other country. All sovereign countries have the right to deny entry to any non-citizen. Only citizens have the right to enter their country at will. I am sorry that your mother has repeatedly failed to acquire a visitor visa and I sincerely hope she gets one soon, but my post was only intended to highlight ground reality.

i experienced that too here in US embassy Manila i was just ask 3 questions and told me the same reason.

as per observation , my application and some others has a name stamped on
it while others has nothing.

i guess it's a sign for denial ... also there is an assigned consul/window that
refuse or denies application because everyone in that window where I was
interviewed did not pass.

so maybe the datas on your application form is only their basis and before
that actual interview , they have already know if they will pass you or not.

well... as i have said it is only my own observation being interviewed for
the first time. i have to prove it yet on my next application because the
the consul told me that i could try again .