Mother - in -law visit...

aish_m04

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
My mother-in -law was here last year for about 6 months and plan to come here again this year. She has been out of USA for a period of 3 months. She is planning to stay here for about 4months. Will she allowed to comeback and stay for 4 months or she is going to have issue at the port of entry since her stay in India was not long enough. Kindly reply and please let me know whether there is any issues if she is out of US for nearly 3 months.

It could be now and/or in the future. You know very well that a visitors visa is for VISITING not living in the US. Nine months out of 12 is LIVING.

You must be a very understanding person. Most people I know would breathe a sigh of relief if their mother-in-law was refused admission. :rolleyes:

The key here is to use the B-2 visa for visits. She will return to the US 3 months after finishing a 6 month long visit. Put yourself in the shoes of the POE officer and determine if this case looks like a genuine visitor or someone misusing the B-2.

Kindly reply and please let me know whether there is any issues if she is out of US for nearly 3 months.