Most Urgent For Me

saarthak

I am on J-1 Visa as a teacher,which is valid till Aug 2008. I applied for waiver and got recommendations from DOS on 1st May 2007. My husband applied for H-1 and he is expected to get his approval soon. The company through which I am on J-1 keep on telling us for last one year that if anyone dared to go for a waiver then his/her visa will be immedietely cancelled and he will be shut out of the programme. I have no intention to leave the programme before it ends in 2008, on my own. My programme code in G-5.

1. If my employer tell me that I am out of the programme (for filling the waiver) then does its mean that my visa is cancelled and that I have to leave the programme irrespective of waiting status of my husbands H-1 petition.

2. Can I look out for a work contract with some other school district and file H-1 as a premium process for myself? (if the current company dumps me).?

3. Even if my company aske me to leave, can I stay till the expiry of my visa, though not working on the teaching profession.

thanks

1. If my employer tell me that I am out of the programme (for filling the waiver) then does its mean that my visa is cancelled and that I have to leave the programme irrespective of waiting status of my husbands H-1 petition.
yes, unless I-539 has been filed for you

2. Can I look out for a work contract with some other school district and file H-1 as a premium process for myself? (if the current company dumps me).?
if your program is not cancelled and you are still in valid J-1 status - yes. If you are out of status, you will still have to leave the States and come back with H1

3. Even if my company aske me to leave, can I stay till the expiry of my visa, though not working on the teaching profession.
no, of course, not. You will be out of status.

Your visa expiration has nothing to do with validity of your status. Your status is valid as long as DS-2019 is valid and as long as you are maintaining your status by working for your sponsor.

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any chance that my programme sponsor will be notified about the positive recommendation by DOS or USCIS by any of the above agency. I have already received the copy of recomeendations from the DOS.

DOS usually requests sponsor views prior to issuing a recommendation. Chances are - sponsor already knows.