Most unfortunate guys in immigration

ac_hurdle

Registered Users (C)
Whose applications are in ".....Review", they are most unfortunate guys in immigration....atleast I have feeling about myself.....

I am waiting since 2003 (RD of I-485), Namecheck completed in 2005, code-3 fingerprints submitted two times, background checks completed as per ombudsman letter, PD is current since four months (recently, but ofcourse it was current more than 2 years in the past), no RFE yet received but my case is still pending under review and USCIS said they won't process my case until Review been completed.

I have more than couple of enquiry responses from Congressmen, Senator, Ombudsman, service responses EACH and eight Infopasses and several 1800 calls to find out where exactly stucked my case.

More unfortunate thing is....we are not allowed to get two years EAD (6th EAD) since PD is current as per USCIS notification.

God.....save me from this immigration and USCIS soon.....

Last edited by a moderator:
No One Knows!

It's true. I WAS VERY MUCH FRUSTATED LAST YEAR AFTER WAITING FOR 6 YEARS.

Now I am at least trying hard not to spoil our life every day because of GC. I expected my green card in March 2005, again in June 2007 when mine was current and seen many approvals from 2004, 2005 and even 2007. Finally realized this ........ Review is some thing different. There are few cases in this forum stuck with this problem. Before I thought it's not that serious but after seeing many are current without approvals I would be happy not to be current for some more time.

Since that time, I am trying to find out the criteria behind this selection for ---- REVIEW. People who were out of status for a long time or with criminal backgroud got their GC's. I am not sure why some cases are stuck under review without a reason.

Since I am not current yet I should get my EAD's before October 2008 at least for 2 years. Thanks for sharing this info.

Very Very Stupid system.

It's true. I WAS VERY MUCH FRUSTATED LAST YEAR AFTER WAITING FOR 6 YEARS.

Very Very Stupid system.

I introduced one of my friend to known company in 2003 and applied GC through sub labor (he paid $$ to company for that....don't know what it is called in US)..... he asked me what is the procedure and steps to get GC....explained from ABC, but he didn't understand and finally he didn't want to learn more....

He didn't know when his I-140 approved, but one day he called me and said he got few emails from USCIS says "Registered as PR...." etc. He thought USCIS or attorney needs some thing, but he wants to confirm with me before responding to them....

He is about to file his citizenship in few months.... he has 2 out of 6 years W2s at the time of filing I-485.....

I know how you guys feel. I am stuck in administrative review. My AOS has benn pending for the past six years. My friends and relatives have already filed for thier citizenship.

Just a small question!!!

Guys, what's holding you from dragging the USCIS to court?? You've been waiting for long time now. As far as I know you'll not have a problem getting out of this mess with the help of the court.

I'm ine same situation. I'm just waiting for a couple of month then I'll definitely drag them to court before the end of this year.

:mad:

Guys, what's holding you from dragging the USCIS to court?? You've been waiting for long time now. As far as I know you'll not have a problem getting out of this mess with the help of the court.

:mad:

In fact I'm thinking to file WOM.....waiting for my attorney's suggestion....
Got information from Murthy, they will charge from 2.5 to 3.5K depends on the case....

Is it matter if G-28 and WOM attornies are different ?

n fact I'm thinking to file WOM.....waiting for my attorney's suggestion....
Got information from Murthy, they will charge from 2.5 to 3.5K depends on the case....

Is it matter if G-28 and WOM attornies are different ?

I really don't know the difference between G-28 and WOM. Simply all what you or your attorney will do is to present similar cases where the judges didn't accept the USCIS infamous behavior of keeping the immigrants waiting for extended periods of time. Your judge then will do just the same.

Good luck to you.

Good thinking.....

I met with my lawyer day before and gave him the papers from my side to File WOM. I did an infopass appointment too. The IM Officer told me that they touched / Worked on my case last week but still no status change. Case is still pending. He told me it can take years in enquiry and all I can do is wait.

My lawyer is going to wait for a month and then start filing for WOM for me. lets see...

met with my lawyer day before and gave him the papers from my side to File WOM. I did an infopass appointment too. The IM Officer told me that they touched / Worked on my case last week but still no status change. Case is still pending. He told me it can take years in enquiry and all I can do is wait.

My lawyer is going to wait for a month and then start filing for WOM for me. lets see...

When did you apply saprachna?

PD - Sept 2001

Hi Newman05,
I am EB3 with PD of Sept 2001. I still haven't filed for WOM. My lawyer will do it within a months time. He think I should wait for 1 month . He says visa unavalibility should not effect filing the WOM as visa availibility is not an issue. Its the extended review which is the issue. i got current couple of times but was not approved due to extended review.

saprachna,

Can you post or PM to me some more info on WOM like how much it is costing you, what documents you submitted etc.

sure ... vvvunlucky

Hi vvvunlucky,

Sure. My lawyer is charging me 2500$ . He is going to prepare all the paper work. I just handed him all my follow up responces since 2005. He said these should help. He has technically not started the WOM as of now. Once he files it I will let you know the details of what docs are required.
looks like both of us are struck again till oct visa bulliten is out ..

saprachna,

Can you post or PM to me some more info on WOM like how much it is costing you, what documents you submitted etc.

Hi vvvunlucky,

I enquired with Murthy for WOM filing in court, they charge between 2500 and 3500 depends on your case specifics. I heard Murthy's firm is good in submitting documentation with evidence.

saprachna,

Is the same attorney who handles your case (G-28), also handling WOM or different one ?

Thanks saprachna and ac_hurdle. I will contact Murthy probably in Oct/Nov time frame.

Instead of spending approx. $2000 for 3 AP's and 2 EAD's every year for my family and company pays again on H1/H4's in between (and driving licenses also), it is better pay that amount to a good attorney to fiel WOM.
At least we will be relieved from a lot of frustation.

Do we need to change the attorney on the files (by submitting a new G-28) or can a second attorney handle just WOM?

Instead of spending approx. $2000 for 3 AP's and 2 EAD's every year for my family and company pays again on H1/H4's in between (and driving licenses also), it is better pay that amount to a good attorney to fiel WOM.
At least we will be relieved from a lot of frustation.

yup....It is lot better to get result immediately than dragging year by year....
I think $2500 is not bad for WOM....

meanwhile you open enquiries as more as possible (i.e by service request, Senator, Congressmen, Ombudsman, 1800 calls with ref numbers, infopass)

Do we need to change the attorney on the files (by submitting a new G-28) or can a second attorney handle just WOM?

I'm waiting for someone to answer this.....

I will be doing the same thing in the near future. Per the memo from the USCIS they have a target of eliminating the infamous name check delay by Nov 2008 for somebody like me, whom by Nov 08 will be stuck for more than a year.

By that time if I'm not getting my GC I will have no other choice than dragging them to court.

Yes... The same Attorney

Hi Ac_Hurdle,
Yes the same attorney is handling the WOM. I was thinking about filing it through Rajeev but then I thought since my attorney knows my case and has all the details and my file it would be better if he files it for me. What do you think?
In any case I need to spend money ? Do you think Murthy would be a better option?
Please advise?

Hi Ac_Hurdle,
Yes the same attorney is handling the WOM. I was thinking about filing it through Rajeev but then I thought since my attorney knows my case and has all the details and my file it would be better if he files it for me. What do you think?
In any case I need to spend money ? Do you think Murthy would be a better option?
Please advise?

I don't think it makes much difference in filing WOM..... only thing is Judge has to agree that you are eligiible to demand the process to be done right away.....

you will get it....don't worry....

This is good information.

Will there be any negative impact on the I-485 applicaiton, if the Judge won't be convinced you should get right away? Other than wait & wait again.
(very rare case, this may happen if the attorney is not clear about the case and miss to submit all evidences)