Most Same-Day EADs and Advance Paroles End

AP and EAD are taking for ever

It has been over 2 months since I applied for AP & EAD. Still nothing in sight. Now that the Emergency EAD's and AP's are no longer an option, I would imagine a lot of people being inconvinenced by it. What are people with genuine family emergencies to do?

Does anyone know if these arbitrary decisions of INS can be appealed in a court of law? Isn't the humane treatment of immigrants a legal requirements?

I would imagine a lot of people being denied by it:

Someone's EAD will experied, but there is no way to receive interim EAD. It means he should leave job. After this INS will send RFE for employment letter, paystabs and so on. The end.
:(

I think the people who be really hurt by this would be who have already changed their jobs waiting for their 485's. Considering the large number of people waiting for so long, this percentage would be horrendously big. Which would mean that corporate america would be discomforted (only when it's too late) by the fact that they would have to file for their H1's or let their employees go on leave while they donot get EAD renewal which is not gonna be quick.

The only solution to this is, various H1b hiring corps need to get together and appeal that this screwed up immigration policy and organization is hurting BUSINESS.

INS is crazy.

Who needs EAD ? people who work, not terrorists and terrorist don't travel on AP.

It is getting worse and crazy, thats all I can say.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I and my wife could be the victims of all this.
We just filed for EAD renewals three months prior to expiration having in mind that we gonna be approved soon anyway, but if this does not happen before EAD expiration we hoped for same-day iEAD.

Now what? Perhaps I will need to take care about brand new H1. And my wife will have to leave her job.

Yep, what I mentioned above. People like stain would be hurt.

And yea, People who work hard need EAD's. Terrorist work does not require EADs .. F*****' MORONS !!

Hard Luck!

Stain,

Hard luck, really sucks to be in this situation.

I am not totally convinced that INS can shut down emergency AP's though. I am sure someone will sue on that.

Stain, have you talked to a lawyer about this, and if so could you share the information. I am not sure that all iEAD work has been stopped. I suggest you go ahead and apply for iEAD if you can. While you might not receive it on the same day, atleast you can get it in the due course of time (say a month or two). From SillyMan's earlier post, it says FBI will run a name scan. Hopefully it doesn't sound/rhymne or spell like Osama, et all. And you should get away without a flag. That might mean your case will be processed inside 21 days.

Good luck

Our EADs will expire on Feb 28.
If we file for iEAD 3 weeks prior to that date, it will be probably rejected by the local office since 90 days will not pass since we filed for renewal... :( But I will prabably try to do it anyway.

No they may not reject

Stain,
I read on this board that iEAD has been approved in SF before it was 90 days since filing for renewal.
Also it stands to reason for rejection if they are issuing EAD on the spot, if not how can they refuse to take an application? So its better if you apply for iEAD well in advance, may be a month in advance.

I am wondering what I should do. I got iEAD at SF on 10/21 valid till 1/20/03, but the EAD renewal still did not happen. So will the INS take one month for 2nd iEAD because of still pending 2nd EAD application which was filed 95 days prior to the expiration date of the 1st EAD which was necessiated by the 485 pending since 05/2001?

Its very frustrating to say the least. Some people on this board (in a different thread called " I want to be a cuban..." ) had gall to suggest that INS is doing a fair job.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
It says "no same day..."....

Does it say that the local office can and will not issue these docs ? Perhaps they will issues these documents in couple of days. Does anyone know?

Are we talking about iEAD here

Or general EAD applied in person at a local INS office? BTW I read on Vermont board that people with RD 11/12 got EADs approved while CSC is lagging way behind handling July RDs!

I saw this link
http://www.murthy.com/UDhed802.html

which says
"If renewal EAD applications are filed before the expiration of the existing EAD, they are supposed to be approved back to the prior expiration date to avoid any lapses in work authorization.
"

So even if EAD renewal does not come through by expiration date, wouldnt we still be authorised to work? Has anyone else heard about this?

Apply for iEAD early!

I think you should be able to apply for iEAD early even if your application hasn't been pending for over 90 days. With the delays predicted in the approval process for iEAD (which is beginning to as much time as the actual EAD), I don't see how they can reject you on the basis that 90 days are not up.

You have some rights as Adjustee's whether INS recognizes them or not! And that is the right to work for your livelihood.

Well 140, we've all seen Immigrants rights been flushed thru the toilet before.

I think the fact that mkvn pointed out, makes sense, but I would want to see that translated in action before I pin my hopes on it.

Y'know INS knows how to flout rules, and they will do so irresponsibly. They haven't shown much care about if we earn our livelihood till date, I don't think they will ever care about it in the future, and yea you can appeal in the court of law (which gives compensation for hot coffee anyway). And you fight and pay for lawyers, while you donot have a job and are out of status (maybe). Fun Fun.

Agree with you on that!

I agree that INS frequently flouts rules and norms but here is a piece of good news

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=395540#post395540

As per the above post, RaviSimi actually walked into the San Jose INS office and received his & his wife's iEAD on the same day. So that is terrific news. Don't know how long it will hold, but I suggest people who need the same go ahead and apply.

Stain, you might want to check out the above link since it could help you in case you decide to apply for iEAD.

140, my EAD expires in May. Around my time, I know for sure these people would have totally reversed the rules.

SillyMan,

Please don't even raise the specter of you not receiving your approval by May! I expect you to be out of the grindstone by then or else we are all going to be in for a very long ride. You are right on the brink of the approval cliff. So if you don't get approved by May, people who have filed their AOS in the past few months might need to wait YEARS!!

Here is hoping you get good news soon!

I have a feelling that same-day iEADs will still be accepted for EAD renewal cases.
Don't ask why. Just because of common sense practice...