Most PLAUSIBLE and CORRECT interpretation of PCC requirements from eb1seeker (attn. all India Jan CP

bullu singh new

Registered Users (C)
> Spoke to someone who knows law better than me and he said : According to the instructions for P3, "Police certificates are required from the police authorities in each locality of the country of the applicants nationality OR (NOTE : Not AND) current residence where the applicant has resided since attaining the age of 16. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year"

> So :

> 1. If you are in India currently and applying, then the certificates are needed from each locality since that is your current residence.

> 2. If you are in the US, the current residence is the US locality where PCC is not required (at least as of now). But since we have resided earlier in India for more than a year, ONE certificate is needed from the indian authorities (Consulate).

>Who knows !!

Dude!!!!! This is absolutely on the mark! Do\'h I was confused all these days. The thing says "OR" not "AND". I always read it and understood it as AND. No doubt you fit into the EB1 category :)

I think your interpretation is the right one. It all makes perfect sense now!! People.. SudhirKumar.. MJ1.. et al. What is wrong with what eb1seeker says? If you read OF-169 correctly, this is what they ask for. And so PCC from Indian consulate is what is needed for we guys who have been living in the US for years. You signed OF-169 and you followed it to the letter. Whatever is in Pkt. 4 has to be for family based immigrants. It would make no sense otherwise.

What do people think?

PS: BTW it reads "... OR (NOTE : Not AND) current residence where the applicant has resided FOR ATLEAST SIX MONTHS since attaining the age of 16."

Agree with you. See my post in JAN 2000 DELHI CP INTERVIEW thread.

The lady at Embassy confirmed today that US COnsulate PCC si sufficient.

sudhir...my father confirmed at New Delhi yesterday that US PCC is sufficient...so that kind of conf

Dude ap. Thats fantastic, 1 more confirmation. If we can manage to get some more confirm the same, w

This is because in the past few weeks we have heard varying versions from the Embassy.
Even at this stage if we can get this confirmed, we are fine.

All Delhi CP\'ers for Jan 2002. Pls reconfirm this on your calls to the embassy.